Final Cut Pro
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip.
• Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic sync and support for up to 64 camera angles
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including RED, AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips
• Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• External monitoring lets you route video and audio through HDMI or third-party Thunderbolt and PCIe devices
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support
Integrated Audio Editing
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature
• Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Deliver projects for playback on Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Use themed menus to quickly author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export customized audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using Roles metadata
• Import and export XML to support third-party workflows
System Requirements: OS X v10.10.2 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K and 3D titles), 4.15GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; additional fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 10.2.1
• Restores support for Panasonic AVCCAM video at 25p and 30p
• Improves accuracy when dragging to select a range in the Timeline
• Fixes an issue that may cause Final Cut Pro to quit on launch
Introduced in Version 10.2
Requires OS X 10.10.2 or later
Introducing 3D titles
• Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
• Simple templates to get started quickly
• Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
• Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
• Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
• Additional controls let you adjust environments, shadows, and more
• Instantly convert any 2D title to 3D
• Open any title in Motion to add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking
• Display up to four video scopes simultaneously
• Apply super ellipse Shape mask to any clip
• Apply Draw mask to any clip, with options for linear, bezier, or B-spline smoothing
• New Shape and Color mask controls for every effect
• Instantly display the alpha channel for any effect mask
• Save custom effects as presets for quick access
• Color Board merged into the new Color Correction effect
• Rearrange the processing order of Color Correction effect
• Improved keyframing with better motion smoothing
• Improved optical flow for beautiful slow motion on a wider range of content
• Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Visual Echo and Trails
• Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
• Sony XAVC-S
• Import Sony XAVC and XDCAM formats without separate plug-in
• JVC H.264 Long GOP
• GPU-accelerated RED RAW processing with support for dual GPUs
• Support for RED RAW anamorphic formats
• Smart Collections can be used at the event and library level
• Import window consolidates all options into single sidebar
• GPU rendering when using Send to Compressor with support for dual GPUs
As a former Premeir user, I could not be happier with FC 10
I was a hater of Final Cut from the day they released the new version and rendered my expensive copy of FC 7 obsolete. I tried to use PP…and got mired down in a needlessly complex, awkward and frustrating workflow. There were SO MANY issues to sort through!!! What obscure check box did you leave unchecked? What ridiculously complex process did you need to master? Which one of the 872 options would best do this job… In short, I was not making movies, I was massaging a program.
The moment I started using Final Cut, I was making movies and LOVING the freedom FC brought. I was actually editing and exporting and making creative decisions. The difference was simply stunning. Instead of trying to contort the behoth (PP), drowning in frustration, I was actually editing, color grading, adding audio tracks and producing some pretty great stuff.
The apple team that had the guts to roll out this revolutionary program have my deepest gratitude. They knew what I needed before I did and gave it to me. For $300. The toolset is both simple and extremely powerful. It is like they really thought about what we do, and developed a workflow that just works. Download a trial and sink your teeth into it. Your gonna love it! Well done Apple.
User friendly yet still a pro app
I get frustrated when I see negative comments about FCPX and they are usually because the program is completely different than the original layout of FCP and the fact that it is completely user friendly.. Just because it is user friendly doesnt mean that it isnt a pro app, what Apple did with this aplication is took a complicated way of doing things and made gave it a sleaker design and better workflow without eliminating anything important.. In fact they have added and continue to add elements to this software to make your video editing a more enjoyable experience.. All you need to do is simply be a little more open minded to the way that Apple does things and realize that a team of people put a tremendous amout of time, thought and effort into making a professional app a lot easier to do.
Best purchase ever!
I’m a filmstudent in Utah. I came accross FCPx in a class i was taking in school. I had just got back from an LDS mission and was getting back into the swing of things. I had only used premier before this class and when I was introduced into FCPx it took me a bit to get used it. I had just got a mac and i decided to do the free trial. It was awesome! I decided on a whim to purchase it. Form that point on I’ve only fallen more in love with it. I love the magnetic timeline and how revolutionary it is. It’s a slick and powerful design. The more you get into it the more you get out of it and begin to fall in love with visual story telling because it just works! I recommend this to anyone who is wanting to be home movie makers to professionals who are thinking about it. Just stop and join the future of film and never look back. I promise that you will find join in editing again.