Final Cut Pro
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip.
• Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic sync and support for up to 64 camera angles
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including RED, AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips
• Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• External monitoring lets you route video and audio through HDMI or third-party Thunderbolt and PCIe devices
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support
Integrated Audio Editing
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature
• Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Deliver projects for playback on Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Use themed menus to quickly author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export customized audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using Roles metadata
• Import and export XML to support third-party workflows
System Requirements: OS X v10.10.2 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K and 3D titles), 4.15GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; additional fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 10.2
Requires OS X 10.10.2 or later
Introducing 3D titles
• Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
• Simple templates to get started quickly
• Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
• Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
• Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
• Additional controls let you adjust environments, shadows, and more
• Instantly convert any 2D title to 3D
• Open any title in Motion to add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking
• Display up to four video scopes simultaneously
• Apply super ellipse Shape mask to any clip
• Apply Draw mask to any clip, with options for linear, bezier, or B-spline smoothing
• New Shape and Color mask controls for every effect
• Instantly display the alpha channel for any effect mask
• Save custom effects as presets for quick access
• Color Board merged into the new Color Correction effect
• Rearrange the processing order of Color Correction effect
• Improved keyframing with better motion smoothing
• Improved optical flow for beautiful slow motion on a wider range of content
• Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Visual Echo and Trails
• Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
• Sony XAVC-S
• Import Sony XAVC and XDCAM formats without separate plug-in
• JVC H.264 Long GOP
• GPU-accelerated RED RAW processing with support for dual GPUs
• Support for RED RAW anamorphic formats
• Smart Collections can be used at the event and library level
• Import window consolidates all options into single sidebar
• GPU rendering when using Send to Compressor with support for dual GPUs
Good things and Bad things
First off the new draw mask is defiently really helpful and a good tool to have.
3D text is good to have but without very much control is a bit limiting.
I dont see much difference with the “improved" frame blending and optical flow but this may be because I have not tested them thoroughly
The Video scopes viewer is awesome and is a huge improvement but I must say that although this side of color correction was improved, the creation of the color correction effect was pointless. All this did was add another step to begin the process of correction, it was much better off as its own menu inside of inspector.
Overall a good update but I just dont understand the move to color correction as an effect when it was perfectly fine as its own menu.
Don’t upgrade yet if
if you have ProTools the plugins also load in Final Cut Pro automatically. I don’t like this feature because I prefer to mix sound in ProTools and add it to Final Cut Pro. This new version (10.2) will not open up due to a conflict with Wave plugins. I don’t use Final Cut to mix sound. Plugins are small in window and tend to be jumpy. I wish they had an option to use or not use plugins when you first click on the application there is a long list of plugins which are not compatible. When you click the ok button to bypass them it doesn’t causing Final Cut to crash. This has been an ongoing issue and I hope they fix it so that either all plugins load regardless, either working or not or have the option to choose when Final Cut Pro first opens. I am beginning to like Final Cut lessand less as there seems to be constant issues of one kind or another.
The new update is complete garbage. I haven’t had FCP crash in proabably 6 months and it crashed the first 2 times after the update and then corrupted my content the third time around before crashing again. I’ve been going back and forth between FCP and Premier and this update sealed the deal for me. The system is way too unstable for people that actually need to use it. That may fly if I’m bored and messing around as a hobby, but it doesn’t work if you’re relying on it for a job. Tried sticking with FCP for the past 5 years and I’ve been let down one too many times because of these ridiculous updates that always seem to go two steps back before one step forward.