Final Cut Pro
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Completely redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro adds extraordinary speed, quality, and flexibility to every part of the post-production workflow.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• Assemble clips in the Magnetic Timeline without clip collisions or sync problems
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip.
• Perfect your pacing right in the timeline with the Inline Precision Editor
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic sync and support for up to 64 camera angles
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including RED, AVCHD, H.264 from DSLRs, and more
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords on the fly as you select ranges in clips
• Smart Collections let you dynamically organize content and find any shot in a few clicks
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• External monitoring lets you route video and audio through HDMI or third-party Thunderbolt and PCIe devices
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Preview effects to see how they look with your footage before applying them
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Control effects with precision using a keyframe editor that appears directly in the timeline
• Use third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces and dual-GPU support
Integrated Audio Editing
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair significant audio problems such as hum, excessive noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step, with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Improve the look of any clip with the single-click Balance Color feature
• Apply the Match Color feature to match the looks of two clips shot under different conditions
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Fine tune color for a specific color range or area of the screen using keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Deliver projects for playback on Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Use themed menus to quickly author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export customized audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using Roles metadata
• Import and export XML to support third-party workflows
System Requirements: OS X v10.10.4 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K and 3D titles), 4.15GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; additional fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 10.2.2
• Native support for Sony XAVC-L and Panasonic AVC-Intra 4:4:4 up to 4K resolution
• Import Canon XF-AVC 8-bit video files with Canon plug-in
• Export interlaced H.264 video
• Asset management systems can include a library backup file when sharing from Final Cut Pro
• Fixes render errors that may occur when using reflective materials with 3D text
• Improves stability when swapping materials on 3D text with published parameters
• Improves performance when loading text styles
• Motion Title templates with published text layout parameters now export correctly
• Fixes an issue that may cause 3D text to appear dark when rendered
• Addresses issues with timing on certain animated effects
Introduced in Version 10.2
Introducing 3D titles
• Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
• Simple templates to get started quickly
• Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
• Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
• Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
• Additional controls let you adjust environments, shadows, and more
• Instantly convert any 2D title to 3D
• Open any title in Motion to add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking
• Display up to four video scopes simultaneously
• Apply super ellipse Shape mask to any clip
• Apply Draw mask to any clip, with options for linear, bezier, or B-spline smoothing
• New Shape and Color mask controls for every effect
• Instantly display the alpha channel for any effect mask
• Save custom effects as presets for quick access
• Color Board merged into the new Color Correction effect
• Rearrange the processing order of Color Correction effect
• Improved keyframing with better motion smoothing
• Improved optical flow for beautiful slow motion on a wider range of content
• Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Visual Echo and Trails
• Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
• Sony XAVC-S
• Import Sony XAVC and XDCAM formats without separate plug-in
• JVC H.264 Long GOP
• GPU-accelerated RED RAW processing with support for dual GPUs
• Support for RED RAW anamorphic formats
• Smart Collections can be used at the event and library level
• Import window consolidates all options into single sidebar
• GPU rendering when using Send to Compressor with support for dual GPUs
Not just for Pros… A must for prosumers
I blame GoPro for costing me $8k….. I’m just a techie who likes good tools. I’ll have to say, Final Cut has been nothing but a pleasure. I’ve used Photoshop for years, but never got into video. GoPro changed all that. iMovie is ok for backyard stuff & Family videos, but it was quickly evident, I needed a better tool to do anything that looked original. It was a natural migration from iMovie to FCP. I tried Adobe Premiere and hated it. I’ve had FCPX for 6 mos., so I missed the growing pains and complaints when it was 1st released. It’s basicially a giant database, that does video very well. At render time, it pulls everything you’ve done in real time from the database and applies it to your content. I started with a MacMini, which worked fine until you did anything 3D, which brought it to it’s knees. FCPX is great for simple edits and home videos on a Mini, but you need an iMac or MacPro to do any of the true Hollywood special effects…. thus my $8k story, GoPro and FCPX finally gave me a reason to want a Mac Pro. 8-core machines are the best for video editing, I got the D500 and 500 Gb SSD. I wish i’d got the 1Tb SSD.
FYI…. I believe most of the bad reviews are from FCP 7 fans really upset about v10.0. Many people are happy with the effort Apple has put into making it back into a really good program. History wise, from what I’ve been able to piece together (being a novice), all the negative reviews for the ALL Versions rating comes from the initial release of FCPX, that was really bad. v10.2+ is as good as 10.0 was bad. But that’s from a non-professional who reads blogs.
Lastly, I’m not going to RENT software. I have no sympathy for anything that happens to Adobe. At $300 and life time updates, Final Cut is a great deal.
Dear Final Cut Pro X
Dear Final Cut Pro X,
I liked you when you were younger, around 7 to be exact. Now that you’re older I must say that you sure have changed. You’ve added "new features" and you’re a better program for it. However, with growing older there comes changes that aren’t so great. These are the changes that make us stop and say, “This isn’t the same Final Cut Pro that I once knew and loved.” I am thankful, FCP (it’s always been my favorite nickname for you), that you have not went off the deep end and become strung out on high and flashy features that would have left you a dope. I’m thankful that you’ve claened up your interface, you look like a real go-getter.
But let me ask you a question...Have you ever tried editing and all of a sudden you’re stopped every 30-40 seconds because someone bugs you to auto-save your project? Well, FCP, this is what you do and it is rather annoying. Furthermore, and I never thought I would say this about you my dear friend, but you are an over-achiever. Stop trying to automatically render everything! You must wait until I am ready or I will never get anything done. Please, I know how to hit FN+CTRL+R just as fast as you want to “Automatically” do it. You’re great for it, but please, you’re just making everyone hate you for your brown-nosing ways.
I have more things to say, but I will save it for another time. I really do like you, but the more I use your advance editing software, the more I’m re-thinking my decision to buy Creative Cloud. I hope you are well and truly do consider changing some of your “new features.” I believe I speak for more people than you know.
Give my best to Motion and Compressor.