The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Mobile™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Mobile™ lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 11 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
Further support for languages like Chinese and Hindi
Ratings and Reviews
Maybe Change Overall Format
So, I’m a writer, and I’ve recently gotten into screenwriting, and although I’m getting the hang of it, I would love to be able to read samples from other authors on the app, maybe even linking to websites with famous movie manuscripts, but that would just be something to add. I’m actually surprised with how happy I was getting this app. The format when writing is the best I’ve seen, contrasting with cheaper options. However, I do believe that the layout of the app, overall, could be changed. It really feels like an older app that needs an update and it’s kind of “boxy” instead of flowing, if that makes any sense. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t hard to navigate, but it’s a little annoying, seeing as it was $10. For example, when you open the app “Bear”, it seems open and gives you more of a welcoming vibe that you really don’t get from this app. Besides that, I’m completely happy with it, and it is worth the money.
Hi JP - Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our product and provide feedback. Your suggestions regarding our interface have been sent along to our engineering team for consideration. To your note on templates, while not available within the Writer app, we do have an extensive library of templates available on our website: https://www.finaldraft.com/support/script-templates/
This App has become almost useless
After two years of having this app, as a writer, Ive watched every successive update further destroy what was once a straightforward, easy to use App that simplified the professional screenwriting process turn into a bug infested, clunky, unreliable mess. As I sit writing now, Ive spent the last two hours watching every few words I write force the App to freeze, and attempt to save the work, while I watch a struggling blue line erratically act at the top of my page. I wait until it figures out whats going on and write a bit more before it freezes again. It has gone from being a good standard to being almost pure garbage that cant be trusted. Ive lost parts of scripts, the App randomly refreshes itself, and the freezing and the struggling, distracting blue line all keep getting worse. Really sad how many really good Apps, including the ones with plenty of resources and money, can never seem to keep their integrity or quality. Currently looking at other screenwriting options, months of this constant struggle and downgrading is unacceptable
Hi Arthousebill - We're really sorry to learn you're frustrated with our app and want to help. We would need you to contact tech support to learn more. Please contact us Monday-Friday any time between 8:30am-5:30pm, pt: www.finaldraft.com/support
Very good solution for iPad users
Early reviews had me concerned but I have mostly enjoyed my use of the recent version of Final Draft Writer. Many of the problems discussed most likely come from the awkwardness of the transition of the iPad from a tablet to more of a notebook style computer. I would not want to exclusively use Final Draft on an iOS devise as it can be cumbersome even on an iPad Pro, but it works well for me as a secondary option. Over time, as users forsake pricier/outdated Airbooks and MacBooks, this product will need to improve to incorporate some of the excellent features of the desktop version, such as a scene view, notes, etc. Then, of course, it will most likely cost more as well.
Thank you for your feedback. We're listening! The app is intentionally a condensed version of the desktop, but we'd love to hear more of your suggestions to improve Writer. You can share your thoughts any time within the app by tapping the gear on the top, left corner, then tap "I have a suggestion". Once you submit, the feedback goes straight to our engineers!
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 128.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.