The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft™ Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft™ Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes, SmartType, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 11 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
• Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
• Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between all your devices and computers. Always be on the same page with Dropbox, OneDrive, or iCloud
• Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
• SmartType remembers your character names, scene headings and more
• Multi-language support - Write in over 95 different languages
• Bluetooth keyboard support
• Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
• Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
• Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
• Send feedback directly through the app
• Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stage Play templates to help get you started
• Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
• Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
• Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
• iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
• Automatic More's and Continued's
• Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
• Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
• Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
• Quickly switch from one revision set to another
• Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
• iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
• Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
• Edit your Header and Footer
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
• Now supports more cloud services like OneDrive, Box
• Quicklook Preview
• More shortcuts for external keyboards
• Look and feel improvements
Ratings and Reviews
90% of the full version.
Most iOS apps of full OS programs are “mobile” versions that often leave out 50% of the features you need to do real work. FD Mobile is not one of these apps. I have reviewed this app a few times and have gotten a response from the developer in a timely manner each time. (I can’t find my last review to edit for some reason, so I am writing this one.) Even more amazingly, fixes for issues I mentioned were implemented in a relatively short time frame. Features I didn’t even mention were also added.
This app has about 90% of the features of the full Final Draft software. The remaining percent are new, non-core features, such as Collaboration and Alternate Dialogue, that I asked about and received a reply that they were up for consideration.
From time to time, a bug or two might pop up as iOS updates. I can confirm that as I am writing this review, I do not face scrolling or tracking issues. Exporting an .fdx or .pdf script is functioning as expected. I use iCloud, so I can’t attest personally to Dropbox usage. The location of elements, tools, and settings is different than the full version, so switching back and forth will require some “getting used to.” Other than that, perhaps “Mobile” will be dropped from the app name in the near future as iOS transitions into a proper OS.
Developer Response ,
Edited response: Hi MH2797 - Thank you so much for your continued updates. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what is working and what could be improved for the best possible experience. Please continue to send us any and all feedback.
Edited response: We greatly appreciate the updated review and have sent your suggestions to our product development team to include Collaboration & Alternate Dialogue in the app. Original reply: Thank you for taking the time to rate Final Draft! Your feedback is with our engineering team for further consideration.
It’s almost a perfect App!
I’ve been a loyal FD user for almost 10 years now. I love this application to death. Ever since different iterations of the mobile apps came out, I’ve been tracking all the developments it’s had. I DO think, writing on the iPad Pro, even on iPhones, have become very easy with the latest app. Like someone already commented, it’s got almost all the essential elements from the desktop version. So, I have no major complaints, but lots of praises for the developers behind the scenes.
However, if I may, I’d like to see a couple things added:
1. Page setup can be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to have Line spacing option included in there, since the desktop version has it, and the mobile app already syncs to it once it’s altered in the desktop.
2. I already write mostly on my iPad, but I won’t send out any script using it, because it’s got no protection features like the desktop. Watermark, PDF password protection, etc would be very nice.
3. This is request for both the IOS app and desktop version. I absolutely LOVE that FD finally allows multiple languages input, including a language I work in a lot, which is Chinese. However, it’d be even better if FD allows one to “set” the language of the script they’re working on, so that the smart features like adding “more’s, and con’td” would be correctly inputted according to the language they set.
Thank you so much for everything!
Developer Response ,
Hi skywangfilm - Thank you for sharing your feedback and rating our product. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and have been sent along to our product team for further consideration!
Hoping for desktop version UI option in a future update
I absolutely love Final Draft and especially the desktop version’s brilliant and simple use of the ‘return’ key to advance and bring up various formatting functions. Recently I have begun using Final Draft Mobile in certain situations with my iPad and an external keyboard, however it does not function the same way, with me having to tap the screen element buttons at the bottom of the iPad’s screen, then hitting return to get the element I want to use. This an added and unnecessary (nor intuitive) step.
Also, in order to use the scene scrubbing tool (the circular scrolling button on the right side of the screen), one must first tap either the wrench or share button in the upper right corner, then tap off it to hide the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, behind which the screen scrubbing button gets hidden if you are on the last page of your script.
With these two items addressed, I think FD mobile would be the perfect companion to FD 11 on my desktop computer.
Developer Response ,
Hi cba20k - Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our desktop and mobile apps. We truly appreciate your feedback and have sent along to our product team. Please continue to share your feedback so that we can make the best possible screenwriting products.
- Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- 142.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.