Final Draft Writer
By Final Draft, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 9 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Landscape scripts list orientation on iPhone
New ScriptNote view provides context while viewing a ScriptNote
Email a script right from the scripts list
Automatic backup folder enabled
Useful elegant intuitive
An ideal mobile solution for quickly sketching scenes and capturing dialogue before transfer to the desktop version of Final Draft. One-click setup with a Dropbox account couldn't be easier, but, you can also email yourself backups or even 'Select All' of your script (or just a portion of text), then copy and paste your selection into Evernote.
One star reviews here are insincere. Each new (free) update purges all prior reviews. Competitors then quickly repopulate this app's 'Reviews' section with bizarre single star smears. If you appreciate the app and notice it has been updated, please consider refreshing your positive review to protect our investment as writers in the evolution of this unique useful program. Writer is of course optimized for the iPhone 6/6+...it looks gorgeous, feels intuitive, and like most professional iOS apps is extremely stable. There simply is no competition.
Highly recommend Writer for sketching and editing on the fly. You'll love it.
Ease of use-Final Draft Writer
I can't express enough how incredible and useful the writer app for the iPhone is! I can wait in line at Starbucks and write. The app knows exactly what the user is going to do next and helps the writer create the story at a good pace. The formatting is so simple and the whole program gives the writer a great ease of access so that they don't have to worry about anything except for their story. 5 stars all the way!
Awesome app for writers on the move
Writer is exactly the app that writers on the move in today’s market need. Writing or reading pages no longer require for you to be situated in front of the computer. With this app writers can access their script on the go - in the office, during lunch or when waiting in line - keeping their work alive throughout the day, which is sure to lead to greater productivity.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Final Draft, Inc.
- © 2015 Final Draft, Inc. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.