Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 9 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.1.3
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Showrunner, executive producer, writer
When Final Draft Writer first came out, it was a very big deal. A game changer for a longtime user and fan of Final Draft that allowed me to take it along on my iPhone or iPad. Especially in series television with multiple scripts to write or staff drafts to revise, you need every square inch of time to be productive. As an executive producer who had a very long train commute to the New York studio every day, FD Writer was essential to being productive in what otherwise would have been trash time.
This update of FD Writer has beautifully taken that convenience to the next level. You can read the features are on the App Description, so you don’t need my list here. But the overall takeaway is this: Whatever you loved before about FD Writer, it's a better experience now. Sync between multiple platforms (iPhone, iPad, laptop) is seamless. The iCloud and Dropbox integration has been reliable and trouble-free. The navigation in script is intuitive and feels even more like the full desktop Final Draft. Especially when I use my Bluetooth keyboard (essential for those of us who despise typing on glass).
If you’re a screenwriter out in LA, you may not be writing on a train. But it’s not just for train writing. Also airline writing, Starbucks writing, even car wash writing. Hey, ten free minutes is ten free minutes.
The only problem with FD Writer? There’s no excuse not to keep drafting because your script goes everywhere you do.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 21, 2016
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 36.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.