Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.9
- Improved typing speed
- Improved iPod Touch support
- iOS 11 Support
- Dropbox reliability improvements
Reviews are one of the ways we find out what our users like and what they'd like us to improve. Please let us know how you like the app by leaving us a review or give us your feedback directly: https://www.finaldraft.com/general-feedback/
I first tried this app years ago when I got my iPad 2. At the time, as functional as it was, it just wasn’t practical. Too much scrolling, zooming, tapping... It was great for meetings where I had to make quick edits, but not for actual writing.
Flashforward to now, things are much improved. With an iPad pro and bluetooth full-size keyboard I can actually work at page size with relative ease. I’m in a TV writer’s room and it’s been a great stand-in for my laptop in terms of weight vs. screen real estate— mainly, in that on my desktop I can look at a full page at once, but on my laptop I could not. Now I can turn the iPad vertically to see a page in true size and easily scroll.
My only two complaints are big ones though, and they are both features that come naturally to the computer version. First, highlighting large bodies of text is a nightmare. With no mouse you have to double tap a word, then drag your finger. The problem is when you get about 3/4 of the way down a page the scrolling jumps to super-fast mode and you’re suddenly 4 pages down. Basically, if you have to drag near a page break, it makes giant leaps ahead.
Second, and this is probably an IOS limitation, no command keys really slows me down.
It would also be great if script notes were accessible, but I understand that the mobile version can’t have everything the desktop version has.
I’m starting to look into other screenwriting apps since this one constantly freezes for minutes at a time, then chimes in for maybe one minute and freezes again for a few minutes. It’s a constant vicious cycle that has stifled my ability to write ever since this started a few weeks ago. Sometimes it crashes and deletes what I had been writing prior to the latest freeze. I kept checking to see if another update to fix this if others were having issues, but I haven’t seen anything yet. I’m afraid of uninstalling and re-installing it for fear of losing the work that I’ve done. I hope that y’all fix this issue soon, or I’ll have to use a different app to write.
Works great with the new update.
I’ve been using final draft for several years. Some updates made it bad some made it better including the latest update for iOS 11.
The iPad and phone version are the compact version of the full desktop software which is top notch. I recommend for all the users having issues with this app to listen to the developers help because they are efficient and do care about making the everything better.
Top notch on the go app and name brand software.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 2.2.9
- Size: 56.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2017 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.