Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Mobile™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Mobile lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via iCloud, Dropbox, or email. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox or iCloud
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film, and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Export scripts to PDF via Dropbox, iCloud, or email
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.3.0
• iPhone X support
• Bug fixes on iOS 11
New update still unusable on iPad Pro
I was very excited to see a new update, expecting the selection bug to be fixed on my iPad Pro. But it’s not. The same frustrating and dangerous selection behavior is still there. When I tap on a word and try to expand the selection to the rest of the sentence or paragraph (a very common action), the selection will immediately start scrolling out of control and select text across dozens of pages. If I then make the mistake of pressing any key. Boom. I lose dozens of pages of work. On top of that the app crashed in the first minute of use.
Also every time I select anything, the page scrolls up for no reason, quickly pushing my selection to the top of the screen. One return and the text scrolls out of view. So I’m constantly writing on the very top line of the page and continually scrolling down to compensate. Infuriating. I’m at a loss why basic word processing behavior that has worked fine on every other iOS app for a decade is so elusive to these developers.
This is supposed to be the best, most legitimate screenwriting app on the market. Yet it’s unstable, unusable and destructive. How can Final Draft allow such poor development of their famous software on iOS?
Anyone thinking of buying this for their iPad - Please stay away until these issues are resolved. Unfortunately after years of disappointing updates, I doubt this will ever happen.
Good App but Very Annoying
I want this app to be great, but every time I type, the screen scrolls further and further down until I can’t see what I’m typing. It’s very annoying to have to keep trying to center my text after it keeps automatically scrolling too far. If this scrolling issue is fixed I’ll raise my rating to 5 stars, but you’re better off using another screenwriting app in the meantime.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2017
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 58.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2017 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.