Final Draft Writer
By Final Draft, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 9 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.0.0
Final Draft Writer App now available for iPhone & iPad.
Useful elegant intuitive
An ideal mobile solution for quickly sketching scenes and capturing dialogue before transfer to the full version of Final Draft. One-click setup with a Dropbox account couldn't be easier, but, you can also email yourself backups or even 'Select All' of your script (or just a portion of text), then copy and paste your selection into Evernote.
One star reviews seem insincere. Writer is of course optimized for the iPhone - it looks gorgeous, feels intuitive - and like most professional iOS apps is extremely stable.
Writer is an elegant mobile solution for screenwriters.
A Waking Nightmare
It was peaceful night. Much like any other night, I went to bed, having just printed my completed screenplay, excited to make revisions to it in the morning on my fully functional Final Draft app. What I found instead was this Final Draft Writer. When I open it and navigate to my script, it crashes. I try to print, it crashes. See where this is going?
I'm a little dismayed at such an update, given the exorbitant amount it costs (70 at the time I bought it). If you want to be the gold standard in screenwriting software and charge for it, you must live up to such a standard, and this app does not do that.
Until they release a functional update DO NOT BUY!
Great free update!
I've been waiting so long to be able to write on my iPhone. Woke up yesterday and I had the power! I wouldn't write an entire script on it but it is great to be able to update when I have an idea or edit when I have a free minute. Plus - it was a free update.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 25, 2015
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 33.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Final Draft, Inc.
- © 2015 Final Draft, Inc. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.