Final Draft Writer
By Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**NOW AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE!**
The makers of Final Draft – the #1-selling screenwriting software in the world – now bring you the Final Draft Writer™ app for iPad and iPhone.
Final Draft Writer lets you write, edit and read Final Draft scripts on your iPad or iPhone. Create new scripts or edit existing ones with easy-to-use features such as Tab and Enter navigation, ScriptNotes™, SmartType™, and more.
Easily move your Final Draft 10 scripts from desktop to iPad or iPhone and back again via email or Dropbox. Your scripts will appear perfectly paginated and formatted to industry standards every time.
- Send or share your Final Draft FDX file between multiple platforms and always be on the same page with Dropbox sync
- Easily change script elements with classic Tab and Enter functionality or through the Elements bar (iPad) or Menu (iPhone)
- SmartType™ remembers your character names, scene headings and more
- Character Highlighting allows you to keep track of your characters for table reads or character development
- Shows Active or Collated Revisions with Colored Pages
- Multi-page Title Pages are supported for TV production scripts
- Go paperless and carry all your scripts with you everywhere you go
- Perfectly paginates to US Letter and standard European (A4) page sizes
- Search your entire script for characters, locations, or other script elements
- Saves the last page you're working on to get back to work quickly
- Scripts written in 14 different languages appear exactly as they do in the desktop application
- iPhone Page View shows 100% accurate Final Draft pagination, formatting, and line breaking
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- iOS dictation support
- Send feedback directly through the app
- Add, color-code, label, and edit ScriptNotes or General Notes
- Professionally formatted TV, Film and Stageplay templates to help get you started
- Automatic More's and Continued's
- Includes production features like Scene Numbering, Omit Scenes, Colored and Locked Pages
- Quickly switch from one revision set to another
- Full syncing Dropbox integration
- Export scripts to PDF via email or Dropbox
- Easily add text and paragraph styles to your script
- Track key information with Cast Reports, Scene Reports, Location Reports, and more
- iPhone Scene Navigator allows you to easily jump to different scenes in your script
- Access all of the tools you need while maintaining context in your script in the iPhone Tools Menu
- Header and Footer editor
“Where has this been all my career?!? I put it through its paces doing a rewrite on the go-go-go. Does a great job. This is a real step forward! What more do you need on the road? (Maybe a chauffeur?)”
David Seidler – Writer / Academy Award® winner
The King's Speech, By Dawn's Early Light, Tucker: The Man and His Dream...
What's New in Version 2.2.7
Added iPad Pro 10.5-inch support
Thanks for the quick bug fix
They've fixed the issue with the new 10.5" iPad and I can use the app again. Thanks for the quick fix!
I still wish the app used Dropbox's native storage rather than making a copy for Final Draft's iCloud folder, it would help a ton with my workflow when moving from Mac to iPad and back again. On top of which, I need my folders...
I have my scripts organized how I need them so I can move from project to project, sometimes I'm on the road and a producer needs a quick change on one project, while on another project, I want to pull text from one draft to bring into another, and then I want to switch gears at night and work some more on a pilot script. It's a pain to have all these scripts in a non-searchable list, rather than the way I've had them organized for years. I'm always having to copy stuff back around the next time I'm on my laptop to make sure I have the current draft in the right place and am sure I'm working on the right draft on both iPad and Mac.
Pages are blank; no reply from support - fixed "ish"
I have been a Final Draft user for decades (at least it feels like decades.) I just purchased an iPad Pro and was excited to use the program on my new device. While not the cheapest app in the App Store, the price is very fair compared to the price of the OS program. Only problem is I can not read ANYTHING. Even the test documents included with the download. If I grab the scroll bar I can momentarily see the scene heading from scripts. But otherwise there is no text on screen. Compounding this is I emailed Customer Support days ago (I am in Asia and thus keep on missing their live Chat or Phone support) and have received no response.
Very disappointing. Much different than the early days where it all felt very personal.
UPDATE: well, now it works. So that's a good thing. But when I scroll is it very jittery. I thought this is what the iPad 10.5 improves upon. Must be the app. Final Draft tech people: hello.
Fixed for iPad Pro 10.5
I am a big fan of this app. I use it all the time. I almost never work on my laptop anymore since this app came out. Recently I have been complaining because the app was not working on iPad Pro 10.5. They have fix this! So happy to have this work. Highly recommend
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 2.2.7
- Size: 74.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
- © 2016 Cast & Crew Production Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.