Finances provides everything you need for your personal and business accounting. Record your transaction using a new kind double-entry bookkeeping system. This simple system doesn't use credit and debit, and makes bookkeeping easier than ever.
- New kind of double-entry bookkeeping system
- Statistics about your income, expenses and net income as bar charts
- History of balances as line chart
- Scan and attach invoices to transactions
- Scan QR-code on invoices to create transactions more easily
- Multiple currencies support including the cryptocurrenies Bitcoin and Ether
- Sync between all your devices using iCloud
- Import transactions from other finances apps and banks using a CSV file
- Export a customisable report or CSV file
iOS 12 READY
- Create new transactions with Siri Shortcuts
- Use Face ID to secure your financial data
- On iPad use Drag & Drop to attach documents to transactions
Finances is also available for your Mac.
- Add presets for YNAB and Banktivity CSV files
- Add option to specify account delimiter when importing CSV file
- Fixes duplicated repeating transactions
- Fixes an issue when entering decimal number
- Fixes an issue where changing the date of repeating transaction doesn't update future transactions
––– Version 1.6
Balances of your asset accounts are now visualised in a line chart.
Income and expense statistics are now more compact and give a better overview.
Use transaction templates to predefine the postings, note and payee for new transactions.
On iOS 12 you can add transaction templates to Siri as shortcuts.
- Peek into statistics from the list of transactions using force touch.
- Weekly and monthly report notifications now show bar charts of your income and expenses.
- Transaction reminder notifications lets you mark due transactions as cleared or uncleared.
Ratings and Reviews
My budget app of choice
I cycled thru a bunch of budgeting apps before finally deciding on Finances. The manual control of accounts and expense categories really nailed it for me. It makes it easy to track every cent that flows in and out of my accounts, including repeating transactions.
Its design is clean and fits well with the iOS aesthetic. Sync between devices, including Mac, is rock solid.
I do feel like it's lacking in a few features. On the iPad, I wish it had even basic external keyboard shortcuts. Sub accounts in the list can’t expand and collapse like they can on the Mac. When editing a transaction, it would be smoother to remove the Edit button and just bring up edit controls if a parameter is tapped in the pop up window.
Solid Finance App
Finances 2 is a solid, customizable, personal finance app.
I appreciate the ease of use and the smart automatic "double-entry" system. It just makes simple sense to enter a transaction once and have it auto-deduct from the source(s) of payment.
I also appreciate that I can solidly track and back up my personal financial information—on my own terms—without having to rely on releasing my day-to-day banking information to "free" third party financial apps.
For a variety of reasons, I prefer NOT to willingly hand over my financial information (to organizations beyond my own banking institutions) to then have it be mined for data in order to market and target financial sales and other products back to me. There's enough of that craziness going on.
And finally I am not interested in paying monthly fees to balance my personal and business finance. That's just not necessary with easy capture and entry systems; smart tools like Finances 2.
Just what I need!
This app looks fantastic. You can quickly add income or expenses. I really like the double-entries and the scans look great. I am impressed and it made it to my home screen!
I'd like to see a real 'dark mode' instead of using Apple's Accessibility settings. It would be nice to have a widget as well.
I also would like control over notifications. Add the ability to have some sort of reminders to check in on status of payments, reminder to enter invoices, etc.
The main screen, showing the journals could be larger. I only have two journals and I somewhat have to try to make sure I tap on the correct one. Make them dynamic boxes possibly?
I see that we can backup via iTunes or sharing to an app but I would love for there to be a backup option including automatic Dropbox syncing and the like. You can never have too many backups.
- Matthias Hochgatterer
- 43 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Matthias Hochgatterer
- In-App Purchases
- iPhone 14-day Trial Free
- iPad 14-day Trial Free
- iPhone Full Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.