By Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) app provides access to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois member information and resources.
Now available in Spanish (requires phone language settings to be set in Spanish)
• Login, register or change password
• Easily access coverage, claims, and ID
• Check deductible and out of pockets amounts
• Find an in network doctor, hospital or facility
• Find a nearby urgent care facility
• Estimate the costs of procedures, tests and treatments
• View patient reviews and average wait time
• Search for doctors that speak Spanish
• View medical benefits and copay levels
• View pharmacy benefits and copay levels
• Send ID to Apple Wallet for offline access
• Log in via Touch ID
• Share ID Card verification letter
What's New in Version 4.1.11
New Password requirements
Product Specific Improvements:
- Connect to MDLIVE
- Connect to Magellan Health
- Connect to Optum Rx
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements:
- Spending summary SSO link
We are continuing to make updates and improvements to our application. We value your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Only good for temp ID card
This app advertises several features that are actually outside of the app and are themselves buggy to use. Provider Search points to the web, which (for me) fails to authenticate nearly every time, and when it does, provides very little information as to who is in my network or not. It appears to be the same with the Behavioral Health Search. Claims information doesn’t reflect anything valid that I can see (does not reflect other information I have on my benefits plan at work, which of course might themselves be incorrect).
However, if you need an ID card on your phone for your insurance information, this does provide an electronic version, and you can add this to your Apple Wallet. As nice as this feature is, I never use Apple Wallet and no medical facility I’ve ever used has accepted this electronic card (barcode reader or not). I refer to my insurance information elsewhere already, so there’s no need for that, either.
All in all I have to give it 1 star because I’ve found no use for it whatsoever.
Still Needs work
First I appreciate the frequency of how fast you release updates to the app. It says the password system has improved, but don’t see any changes there. My main criticism is that this app is not optimized for use on the iPhone X. This iPhone requires implementation of FaceID as this replaced Touch ID. Second, please add optimization of the app for the iPhone X screen.
Not found: Index: 0, Size: 0
I can login to the website just fine but the app gives me an error of “Not found: Index: 0, Size: 0”. I have changed my password and it is between 8-20 characters, with lower, uppercase, and numbers. I have deleted the app and re downloaded it and rebooted my phone and nothing works. Please fix your app. I used to love it! Btw, I don’t know if it matters but I am using the X with the most updated os.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 4.1.11
- Size: 101 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
- © 2017 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.