By Finding Rover Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Losing a dog is heartbreaking. (We’ve been there!)
Our new facial recognition technology makes finding dogs as quick and easy as the snap of a photo.
See a lost dog? Take a photo, send a text and together we can bring every lost dog home.
"A big thanks for Finding Rover for immediately posting that my dog was lost. She is my child and I am very glad she is back home now and recovering." - Finding Rover User
Benefits of Finding Rover’s Facial Recognition for Dogs
• If your dog’s collar has come off, his or her face will be recognized on the app and will provide any finder with the contact information you provide.
• If someone finds your dog but doesn’t have time to look for a microchip, in less than 3 minutes, they can snap a photo and send a text or give you a call.
How Finding Rover works:
• Register your dog so it’s in the database
• If someone sees your lost dog, they snap a photo
• Our facial recognition technology does a search
• They contact you either via phone, email or through the app, however you’d like
• Soon your best friend will be back home!
Got cute dog pictures? You can also share the smiles on Finding Rover!
• Share Photos and Updates of your dog with your friends
• Enjoy and post cute photos with others in an all-member “pack”
• Enjoy and post tips and tricks in an all-member “pack”
• If your dog needs a new home, you can also post the news to all members in your area.
Finding Rover, the new way to protect and celebrate your best friend.
What's New in Version 2.2.025
Fixes an issue that was causing photo uploads to fail.
I had no troubles, as others report, while registering and using the app. Great idea since most people have camera phones and can snap and submit photos so conveniently. Trying to take a spooked or large animal to a vet for identification is impossible sometimes.
Downloaded the app because I just lost my dog and when I tried to login with Facebook it would not log me in. So I had to sign in regularly which is fine. Then when I tried to report my dog being lost it would not go past the information page. I tried multiple times to do it, I even closed the app and when back in and it still did not work.
Great idea, shelter support
This app has done its homework. It seems like all the shelters in my area are hooked up with the app. Meaning if my dog happens to land in any shelter, I get notified through the app.
Along with having my dogs chipped, this is another safeguard from losing them forever.