Losing a dog is heartbreaking. (We’ve been there!)
Our new facial recognition technology makes finding dogs as quick and easy as the snap of a photo.
See a lost dog? Take a photo, send a text and together we can bring every lost dog home.
"A big thanks for Finding Rover for immediately posting that my dog was lost. She is my child and I am very glad she is back home now and recovering." - Finding Rover User
Benefits of Finding Rover’s Facial Recognition for Dogs
• If your dog’s collar has come off, his or her face will be recognized on the app and will provide any finder with the contact information you provide.
• If someone finds your dog but doesn’t have time to look for a microchip, in less than 3 minutes, they can snap a photo and send a text or give you a call.
How Finding Rover works:
• Register your dog so it’s in the database
• If someone sees your lost dog, they snap a photo
• Our facial recognition technology does a search
• They contact you either via phone, email or through the app, however you’d like
• Soon your best friend will be back home!
Got cute dog pictures? You can also share the smiles on Finding Rover!
• Share Photos and Updates of your dog with your friends
• Enjoy and post cute photos with others in an all-member “pack”
• Enjoy and post tips and tricks in an all-member “pack”
• If your dog needs a new home, you can also post the news to all members in your area.
Finding Rover, the new way to protect and celebrate your best friend.
Camera fix for iOS 11.4
Ratings and Reviews
Not sure why this app doesn’t have better ratings.
From what I can tell the app works great. Even saw it covered on GMA for its great ability to match photos. People should understand this is a social media driven app and work has to be done by the people using it for it to work correctly. It starts by spreading the word about the app and getting friends and family to not only download but support it. I’m a dog owner and lover. I only own rescue dogs. Both of my dogs are in the app with profiles.
Now I have a developer feedback request for new options...
I would like to be able to have multiple addresses, and choose which one applies to what dog.
If reporting a lost dog choosing which home we are staying st witting the app with multiple addresses stored would be also helpful if it doesn’t exist already. Thank-fully I have never actually had to report a dog lost yet so I don’t know how that part of the app works.
Next I would like to have a feedback link directly in the app that sends an email to the developer team and to report bugs.
So far, so good..
The download was fast, the install was simple, and I had no trouble setting up an account profile via email. I haven’t had a chance to actually use the app, but having experienced the loss of a loved pet in past years, I hope this app helps me bring comfort to other pet owners who have lost their “fur babies”.
Info on my lost cat was incorrect
I looked at my lost cat’s profile and there were several things wrong that I did not enter, such as the lost date, the location and it said he does not have a microchip when he does. There was no way to correct or update the pet’s information so I wrote some messages. But that does not update the basic profile sent in the searches. I’m unhappy with the poor way this is set up.
- Finding Rover Inc.
- 26.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014 Finding Rover Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.