Finding Rover - Facial recognition for dogs to reunite lost dogs with their owners.
By Finding Rover Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Losing a dog is heartbreaking. (We’ve been there!)
Our new facial recognition technology makes finding dogs as quick and easy as the snap of a photo.
See a lost dog? Take a photo, send a text and together we can bring every lost dog home.
"A big thanks for Finding Rover for immediately posting that my dog was lost. She is my child and I am very glad she is back home now and recovering." - Finding Rover User
Benefits of Finding Rover’s Facial Recognition for Dogs
• If your dog’s collar has come off, his or her face will be recognized on the app and will provide any finder with the contact information you provide.
• If someone finds your dog but doesn’t have time to look for a microchip, in less than 3 minutes, they can snap a photo and send a text or give you a call.
How Finding Rover works:
• Register your dog so it’s in the database
• If someone sees your lost dog, they snap a photo
• Our facial recognition technology does a search
• They contact you either via phone, email or through the app, however you’d like
• Soon your best friend will be back home!
Got cute dog pictures? You can also share the smiles on Finding Rover!
• Share Photos and Updates of your dog with your friends
• Enjoy and post cute photos with others in an all-member “pack”
• Enjoy and post tips and tricks in an all-member “pack”
• If your dog needs a new home, you can also post the news to all members in your area.
Finding Rover, the new way to protect and celebrate your best friend.
What's New in Version 2.1.041
Updated Facebook Login
Updated 64bit support
It worked for me!
I am forever grateful for this app. My dog strayed from home around 2pm yesterday. I didn't get home until 9pm to only notice she was missing. I stayed up all night looking for her. I downloaded this app early this morning after my cousin told me about it. Within seconds of creating a profile and adding her photo... 4 matches came back from dogs picked up in my area where they're noses and eyes matched my baby girl. She was one of the matches. Words can't describe the feeling of seeing my dog found and safe. I am forever grateful.
From the app I'd like to share it on social media sites and I don't know how to do that. I don't think enough people know about this yet. I think shelters, especially the ones that are on here, should have a link on their website. There needs to be more rescues involved with this. It's a great idea if more people are informed that this is available. Partner with the "for the love of Louie" Facebook pages or any others like that. Keep up the great work, I know this is new and I hope it gets bigger.
A nightmare to set up and still a problem
Such a great idea… But the sign-up process was a nightmare! When I tried to sign up via Facebook all I got was error messages and then when I signed up through a normal process I still got era messages. Finally gave up and tried to sign up via email and at least that worked but now that you have never recognizes me and I cannot login. It's such a shame because this is a great idea if only it would work properly...