Fine Cooking: CookFresh
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Not only were the specific recipes appealing, but the ideas in Cook Fresh were useful, easy to remember, and likely to influence my cooking in the future." 4 Stars -- PadGadget.com http://goo.gl/y4XxB
Healthy eating is always in season. With the Fine Cooking CookFresh App in hand, you'll find it easy to whip up fast meals that showcase the freshest ingredients of spring. It's an easy way to make cooking healthy and eating lighter a part of every day.
Brimming with over 70 triple-tested recipes, this interactive digital edition of the Fine Cooking CookFresh special issue covers it all — from salads and soups, to pasta, fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, even dessert.
Enjoy fresh and fast recipes like these:
- Noodle Soup with Kale and White Beans
- Red-Cooked Tofu
- Sesame Steak Salad with Asian Pears
- Salmon Burgers with Herb Aioli
- Sauteed Sausages and Cabbage with Apricot-Mango Chutney
- Spicy Chicken in Lettuce Cups
- Turkey and Corn Quesadillas with Guacamole
- Roasted Red Grapes with Mascarpone and Rum
We make it easy for you to eat healthy:
- Expert audio tips and insight from Fine Cooking editor Laurie Buckle.
- Over 70 healthy and fresh recipes give you plenty of choices for every night of the week.
- Step-by-step videos so you can follow along and master the techniques.
- Smart strategies to help plan your meals.
- App includes 26 bonus recipes not found in the CookFresh print edition.
You make it fresh with great new ideas and recipes:
- Preserving the Season – Flavorful ideas to enjoy spring's freshest ingredients long after they've left the market.
- Try This – Discover a vegetable that may be new to you, plus a delicious way to cook with it.
- 10 Ways to Eat Smarter – We'll show you clever ways to eat less meat, lighten your meals, and add great new dishes to your weekly repertoire.
- Cooking Without Recipes – Learn one easy method for making healthy vegetable soups, plus endless variations.
- Guide to Greens – Meet new, good-for-you greens, and delicious recipes to cook with them every day.
What's New in Version 1.04
Some bug fixes.
Very limited content
I paid $4.95 thinking there would be a lot of content, but there isn't. I already have the CookFresh magazine and most everything in this app is just a duplicate. And to view any of their online recipes, they force you to join -- VERY annoying -- you can't read anything with the pop-up window constantly denying access and making you sign up. You would think after paying five dollars for such a limited app they would allow you to access their website content without a hassle. Bad customer relations. Then there are the other annoying windows that are constantly popping up, asking you to subscribe to the print magazine. If this were a free app, distracting ads would be understandable, but this is a paid app. And it's more than most .99 or 1.99 apps, so I was expecting way more content and more sophistication. Definitely NOT harrassing pop-up ads. Waste of money -- there are lots of FREE recipe apps and websites that you don't have to join to get great recipes and tips. Very disappointing.
I was disappointed at the few number of recipes in this app for the price. Also, I wish they had the calories and other nutrition info about the recipes which is pretty standard information in 2011.
pictures are good but overall not worth the money.
thought site would have more to offer for the price. maybe interactive or at least more recipes. Very disappointed! More of an as than an application.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 25, 2011
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 242 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © The Taunton Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.