Enjoy Fine Gardening – your go-to resource for ideas and information – on your iPad. Convenient digital delivery includes unique bonus features and enhancements: linkable and searchable content, slide shows, plans, new varieties, seasonal reports, and more. A FREE sample issue is included with the app.
Written for passionate gardeners, Fine Gardening provides inspired ideas backed by detailed instructions for creating healthy gardens, outdoor rooms, and beautiful landscapes suited to the region. Horticulturists, nurserymen, and designers share their expertise on plants, care, soil, eco-friendly pest control, propagation, design, and landscaping.
Already a subscriber? If you currently subscribe to Fine Gardening magazine, you can access the iPad Edition FREE by signing up through the app.
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE AVAILABLE. Download the Fine Gardening app, then subscribe or buy issues individually. If you are currently a print subscriber or paid online member, you can get access to digital editions FREE -- absolutely no extra cost. Simply sign in with your customer number or member email in the Settings tab.
1 year (6 issues) - $29.99(automatically renewed until canceled)
2 Months (1 issue) - $5.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single copies - $6.99 (not automatically renewed)
- All purchases (inc. subscriptions) will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription.
- If you would like to cancel your subscription please do so before this 24 hour period by accessing your iTunes account settings.
- Please be aware that subscriptions cannot be cancelled/refunded once purchased.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
- All content in the app is copyright Taunton Interactive 2012. All rights reserved.
- Terms - http://www.taunton.com/thetauntonpress/agreement.asp
- General improvements
- Minor bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
Much harder to navigate after the update. Instead of being able to view all purchased issues on one page you now must scroll through a long list of issues to Buy that are mixed in with the purchased issues. Ruined a great app.
Looks good but has functional problems. Jump-to highlights don’t work. Bookmarks don’t work. Navigator thumbnail won’t go away.
Version 6.1.2 slow
The new version is slow. The initial launch after download has a progress bar stuck at the "full" position for quite a few minutes giving you the impression that the app may have frozen. But stick with it.
Downloads seem slow. To its credit, the app seems to allow downloading in the background. I had it download my desired issue and to my pleasant surprise (after some error messages about difficulties extracting the file), my digital issue appeared!
IMHO, some digital editions have a ways to go. The Bloomberg Businessweek model is still the gold standard, IMHO.
- Taunton Press
- 146.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Taunton Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month subscription $29.99
- 12 month subscription $5.99
- Fine Gardening Soil Issue 2013 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.