Fine Homebuilding Magazine
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Connect to Fine Homebuilding – America’s trusted resource for residential building, remodeling, and home improvement – on your iPad. Convenient digital delivery includes unique bonus features and enhancements: linkable and searchable content, techniques videos, slide shows, tutorials, new products, digital tools, and more. A FREE sample issue is included with the app.
Fine Homebuilding is the first choice of pros and serious non-pros for every aspect of building from foundation and framing to finishing, as well as design, energy savings, tools, materials and code compliance. Field-tested content, detailed graphics, and expert advice help readers work better, faster, and smarter.
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE AVAILABLE. Download the Fine Homebuilding app, then subscribe or buy issues individually. If you are currently a print subscriber or paid online member, you can get access to digital editions FREE -- absolutely no extra cost. Simply sign in with your customer number or member email in the Settings tab.
1 year (8 issues) - $37.99(automatically renewed until canceled)
2 Months (1 issue) - $6.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single copies - $7.99 (not automatically renewed)
- All purchases (inc. subscriptions) will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription.
- If you would like to cancel your subscription please do so before this 24 hour period by accessing your iTunes account settings.
- Please be aware that subscriptions cannot be cancelled/refunded once purchased.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
- All content in the app is copyright Taunton Interactive 2012. All rights reserved.
- Terms - http://www.taunton.com/thetauntonpress/agreement.asp
Fine Homebuilding is published by Taunton Interactive. iPhone/iPad application developed by Stonewash Ltd (www.stonewash.co.uk).
What's New in Version 6.2.8
- iOS 8 Compatibility
This is by far one of my favorite apps. The team at Fine Homebuilding pleasantly surprised me with how effective this app is, connecting links in the magazine to stories on different pages, ads and even videos. The images are high resolution (used to be very high resolution but download would take forever so they must reduced it a little to decrease download time). They are far ahead of a lot of other major publications' apps.
And it doesn't stop there. Their customer service is exemplary. Whenever I've had issues pairing my device or downloading an issue (maybe twice), they were quick to respond and updated me whenever the issue was resolved. For example, when iOS was updated to 8.0, there were some major issues but they kept me updated on their efforts.
Well done, Fine Homebuilding!
As a "do it yourself-er" and general handyman for the family, I learn so much from this publication about design, building techniques and materials, codes, etc. If nothing else, it has given me a sincere respect and understanding for what the building industry professionals do and are worth. Before becoming a constant reader of this pub, I was under the impression I could figure it all out on my own and make the mistakes without paying someone else to make them. Now I research a lot more and can better decide whether or not to hire a professional and what to ask and expect out of the contractors I do hire. Thanks.
Great App, Better Magazine
The app is stable for me. It takes a while to download the magazine but that is be expected given the numerous pictures. More people need to read the magazine so they are more knowledgeable about their homes. The articles are timely. It always seems that if we are working on something FHB has exactly the information we need to do a better job. Highly recommended to DIYers and professionals.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 25, 2014
- Version: 6.2.8
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © Taunton Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fine Homebuilding Subscription$37.99
- Fine Homebuilding Subscription$6.99
- FHB Outdoor Projects 2013: Make an Old Deck SafeFree
- FHB's Outdoor Projects 2013: Walks, Patios and Walls$3.99
- Fine Homebuilding Small Homes 2014$9.99
- Energy Smart Homes$9.99
- Energy Smart Homes 2014/2015$9.99
- Fine Homebuilding #240 Dec/Jan14$7.99
- Bathroom Planning Guide 2013$9.99
- Decks & Outdoor Projects 2013$9.99