Fine Woodworking Magazine
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience Fine Woodworking, America’s premier woodworking resource, on your iPad and enjoy the full magazine plus bonus features and digital enhancements embedded in every digital issue: linkable and searchable content, techniques videos, slide shows, tutorials, inspiring photo galleries, and more. A FREE sample issue is included with the app.
Fine Woodworking has set the standard for delivering expert information to craftsmen of all skill levels by delivering shop-tested content written by top professionals, furniture makers, turners, and artisans. Designed for the passionate enthusiast, Fine Woodworking provides everything to outfit a shop, build skills, understand design, and create tomorrow’s heirlooms today.
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE AVAILABLE. Download the Fine Woodworking app, then subscribe or buy issues individually. If you are currently a print subscriber or paid online member, you can get access to digital editions FREE -- absolutely no extra cost. Simply sign in with your customer number or member email in the Settings tab.
1 year (7 issues) - $34.99(automatically renewed until canceled)
2 Months (1 issue) - $6.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single copies - $7.99 (not automatically renewed)
- All purchases (inc. subscriptions) will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription.
- If you would like to cancel your subscription please do so before this 24 hour period by accessing your iTunes account settings.
- Please be aware that subscriptions cannot be cancelled/refunded once purchased.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
- All content in the Fine Woodworking app is copyright Taunton Interactive 2012. All rights reserved.
- Terms - http://www.taunton.com/thetauntonpress/agreement.asp
Fine Woodworking is published by Taunton Interactive. iPhone/iPad application developed by Stonewash Ltd (www.stonewash.co.uk).
What's New in Version 6.2.8
- iOS 8 Compatibility
Great Content, Lousy Implementation
Longtime reader of FWW, only a year or two of this app. I love being able to read, or maybe reread, issues when I travel. But the app itself has been just so-so forever. I just upgraded, and it "lost" all issues I had previously downloaded. It does crash once in a while. But worse feature is the "Shelf" view. There is no way to show only the content you have already downloaded, it shows what Taunton wants to sell you. I'm sure "Fresh from the Garden" is interesting, but why does it always appear in my Fine Woodworking Shelf? And there is no indication of which Items cost extra and which are part of the subscription. Terrible. Sad that a high-quality print publisher like Taunton has failed in the digital world.
I love this app! I like the ability to access the online extras from the articles without having to go to my desktop computer. Any interested advertiser can be web accessed directly from the app and I can return to the page or article that I was reading or referencing. It may not be perfect but it sure is convenient.
It works well with iOS 8.1.1. Sometimes the IPad must be restarted because it freezes in must apps when the device memory locks up.
FWW App Needs Improvement
The reader portion of the app works well and remembers where you last were, but wish the digital and print versions were sync'd better as far as release dates. The bookshelf portion of the app needs improving a lot. Seems every time an update occurs, all the previous downloads are cleared. This severely limits the ability to read the digital editions when not in a wi-fi area. A visible bookshelf of downloads that doesn't get cleared by updates, separate from the available issues, would go a long way to improve the app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 25, 2014
- Version: 6.2.8
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © Taunton Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fine Woodworking$34.99
- Fine Woodworking$6.99
- FWW Tool Guide 2015$9.99
- 201 Tips for Woodworkers$8.99
- Fine Woodworking Tool Guide 2014$9.99
- Tools & Shops Winter 2012$8.99
- Tool Guide 2013$9.99
- FWW Joinery Winter 2014$9.99
- FWW Building Furniture 2015$9.99
- FWW Built-Ins 2014$9.99