Fine Woodworking Magazine
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience Fine Woodworking, America’s premier woodworking resource, on your iPad and enjoy the full magazine plus bonus features and digital enhancements embedded in every digital issue: linkable and searchable content, techniques videos, slide shows, tutorials, inspiring photo galleries, and more. A FREE sample issue is included with the app.
Fine Woodworking has set the standard for delivering expert information to craftsmen of all skill levels by delivering shop-tested content written by top professionals, furniture makers, turners, and artisans. Designed for the passionate enthusiast, Fine Woodworking provides everything to outfit a shop, build skills, understand design, and create tomorrow’s heirlooms today.
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE AVAILABLE. Download the Fine Woodworking app, then subscribe or buy issues individually. If you are currently a print subscriber or paid online member, you can get access to digital editions FREE -- absolutely no extra cost. Simply sign in with your customer number or member email in the Settings tab.
1 year (7 issues) - $34.99(automatically renewed until canceled)
2 Months (1 issue) - $6.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single copies - $7.99 (not automatically renewed)
- All purchases (inc. subscriptions) will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription.
- If you would like to cancel your subscription please do so before this 24 hour period by accessing your iTunes account settings.
- Please be aware that subscriptions cannot be cancelled/refunded once purchased.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
- All content in the Fine Woodworking app is copyright Taunton Interactive 2012. All rights reserved.
- Terms - http://www.taunton.com/thetauntonpress/agreement.asp
Fine Woodworking is published by Taunton Interactive. iPhone/iPad application developed by Stonewash Ltd (www.stonewash.co.uk).
What's New in Version 6.2.8
- iOS 8 Compatibility
Restricts Mac users
I signed up for the online membership to get the digital issue. Not only did I discover I have to pick my way through 27 books for sale on the Newsstand bookshelf, which are displayed exactly like the magazine I'm looking for, but "The issues that are contained within the app that comes with your online membership can be saved to your device or computer if you have the Windows 8 operating system (Windows 8 is the only operating system that works with apps)." Thus I can neither print from an issue or save it elsewhere on either my iPad or Mac. Read that again; it's practically unbelievable. Yet I pay the same as a Windows user. I have over 200 FWW issues as pdfs in Goodreader that I got off the archive cds they sell. Apparently it's too much to ask for me to add these digital issues to that archive or anything else. I will have to also buy the yearly cds and import those into Goodreader. I'm going to report this to the Apple Store. I don't know how they even approved such a Windows-centric app.
Great Content, Lousy Implementation
Longtime reader of FWW, only a year or two of this app. I love being able to read, or maybe reread, issues when I travel. But the app itself has been just so-so forever. I just upgraded, and it "lost" all issues I had previously downloaded. It does crash once in a while. But worse feature is the "Shelf" view. There is no way to show only the content you have already downloaded, it shows what Taunton wants to sell you. I'm sure "Fresh from the Garden" is interesting, but why does it always appear in my Fine Woodworking Shelf? And there is no indication of which Items cost extra and which are part of the subscription. Terrible. Sad that a high-quality print publisher like Taunton has failed in the digital world.
Works great on iPad
I like to read periodicals more than novels. This is one I have read regularly since Vol 1, Issue 1. I keep two to three issues saved on my iPad. My eyes are not as great as when I was 20, so my gripe is that it does not rotate when I want to hold it landscape. But I can still expand the type but have to scroll some and not see the whole page. It's exactly like the printed version including all the ads. Would like imbedded videos to demonstrate technique as in some golf magazines. I also get the paper version but the e-version is easier for travel.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 25, 2014
- Version: 6.2.8
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © Taunton Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fine Woodworking$34.99
- Fine Woodworking$6.99
- FWW Tool Guide 2015$9.99
- 201 Tips for Woodworkers$8.99
- Fine Woodworking Tool Guide 2014$9.99
- FWW Building Furniture 2015$9.99
- Tools & Shops Winter 2012$8.99
- FWW Tools and Shops Fall 2014$8.99
- FWW Joinery Winter 2014$9.99
- Tool Guide 2013$9.99