Fine Woodworking Magazine
By Taunton Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience Fine Woodworking, America’s premier woodworking resource, on your iPad and enjoy the full magazine plus bonus features and digital enhancements embedded in every digital issue: linkable and searchable content, techniques videos, slide shows, tutorials, inspiring photo galleries, and more. A FREE sample issue is included with the app.
Fine Woodworking has set the standard for delivering expert information to craftsmen of all skill levels by delivering shop-tested content written by top professionals, furniture makers, turners, and artisans. Designed for the passionate enthusiast, Fine Woodworking provides everything to outfit a shop, build skills, understand design, and create tomorrow’s heirlooms today.
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS ARE AVAILABLE. Download the Fine Woodworking app, then subscribe or buy issues individually. If you are currently a print subscriber or paid online member, you can get access to digital editions FREE -- absolutely no extra cost. Simply sign in with your customer number or member email in the Settings tab.
1 year (7 issues) - $34.99(automatically renewed until canceled)
2 Months (1 issue) - $6.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single copies - $7.99 (not automatically renewed)
- All purchases (inc. subscriptions) will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current subscription.
- If you would like to cancel your subscription please do so before this 24 hour period by accessing your iTunes account settings.
- Please be aware that subscriptions cannot be cancelled/refunded once purchased.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
- All content in the Fine Woodworking app is copyright Taunton Interactive 2012. All rights reserved.
- Terms - http://www.taunton.com/thetauntonpress/agreement.asp
Fine Woodworking is published by Taunton Interactive. iPhone/iPad application developed by Stonewash Ltd (www.stonewash.co.uk).
What's New in Version 6.2.8
- iOS 8 Compatibility
Love the content, but the app is lacking
Having only recently subscribed to FWWM, there's so much content to take in its overwhelming. Fortunately, their website is set up very well and makes viewing articles simple and intuitive, however the app needs some work.
If all you want to read are recent issues, then you're fine, but when you start working back to older issues and purchasing those, it becomes more difficult. as another reviewer said, navigating issues is tough because you can only view the cover of one issue at a time and you must swipe to navigate. say you want to view something 20 issues ago, you have to swipe 20 times before you reach it. a compact list view of all issues, search functionality, and sorting (standard issue, special issue, etc) are small changes that would drastically improve the user's experience of this app.
for those reasons, I have to rate the app a 3 (not the content, which is easily a 5).
Restricts Mac users
I signed up for the online membership to get the digital issue. Not only did I discover I have to pick my way through 27 books for sale on the Newsstand bookshelf, which are displayed exactly like the magazine I'm looking for, but "The issues that are contained within the app that comes with your online membership can be saved to your device or computer if you have the Windows 8 operating system (Windows 8 is the only operating system that works with apps)." Thus I can neither print from an issue or save it elsewhere on either my iPad or Mac. Read that again; it's practically unbelievable. Yet I pay the same as a Windows user. I have over 200 FWW issues as pdfs in Goodreader that I got off the archive cds they sell. Apparently it's too much to ask for me to add these digital issues to that archive or anything else. I will have to also buy the yearly cds and import those into Goodreader. I'm going to report this to the Apple Store. I don't know how they even approved such a Windows-centric app.
Great Content, Lousy Implementation
Longtime reader of FWW, only a year or two of this app. I love being able to read, or maybe reread, issues when I travel. But the app itself has been just so-so forever. I just upgraded, and it "lost" all issues I had previously downloaded. It does crash once in a while. But worse feature is the "Shelf" view. There is no way to show only the content you have already downloaded, it shows what Taunton wants to sell you. I'm sure "Fresh from the Garden" is interesting, but why does it always appear in my Fine Woodworking Shelf? And there is no indication of which Items cost extra and which are part of the subscription. Terrible. Sad that a high-quality print publisher like Taunton has failed in the digital world.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 25, 2014
- Version: 6.2.8
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Taunton Press
- © Taunton Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Fine Woodworking$34.99
- Fine Woodworking$6.99
- FWW Tool Guide 2015$9.99
- FWW Tool Guide 2016$9.99
- 201 Tips for Woodworkers$8.99
- FWW Building Furniture 2015$9.99
- Fine Woodworking Tool Guide 2014$9.99
- FWW Tools and Shops Fall 2014$8.99
- Tools & Shops Winter 2012$8.99
- FWW Joinery Winter 2014$9.99