Easily turn documents of virtually any origin into information you can edit, quote, archive, search or share! ABBYY FineReader Pro complements the hassle-free efficiency of your computer by transforming paper documents, PDFs and digital photos of text into editable and searchable files. Say goodbye to time-consuming retyping and reformatting of documents – FineReader’s unmatched text recognition accuracy, language coverage and conversion features retain your original’s text, layout and formatting. It’s OCR the easy way – just as it should be!
"FineReader Pros' OCR engine outclasses anything else available, and its overall design is clean, efficient, and fast. It's our no-contest Editors' Choice for OCR under OS X."
With just a few clicks you can:
- Update documents with text corrections, date changes, modified conditions, links to other documents and more
- Instantly pull quotes from text and extract data
- Create searchable PDF files for archiving and sharing
- Make documents accessible for text-to-voice and more
KEY PRODUCTIVITY FEATURES:
- Scans and converts documents and images into a wide variety of popular electronic formats including: DOCX, ODT, RTF, XSLX, PDF and PDF/A, PPTX, HTML, EPUB and FB2
- Automates conversion tasks, processes batches of documents, and provides the ability to schedule OCR processing with the help of newly added Automator actions and AppleScript commands support;
- Accurately reconstructs document structure, layout and formatting across multiple pages – including headers/footers, footnotes, table of contents, page numbering, captions, etc.
- Creates editable, searchable and secure PDFs that are perfect for archiving and sharing
- Creates e-books in EPUB and FB2 formats for tablets and portable readers
- Performs image and photo pre-processing using ABBYY’s Advanced Digital Camera OCR technology
- Applies advanced OCR features to complex conversion tasks
YOUR ADVANTAGES WITH ABBYY OCR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDE:
- Professional OCR results with up to 99.8% character recognition accuracy
- Widest language support in the industry: 189 recognition languages (including Asian languages) in any combination of languages
- Multi-channel document input enables you to scan paper documents for processing or convert scanned images, PDFs and digital photos of text
- User-friendly interface with pre-defined Quick Tasks makes using FineReader easy and intuitive and provides Section 508 compliancy
* According to internal ABBYY testing. Accuracy and formatting results can vary depending on factors such as document quality and scanner settings.
Fixed image distortion issue that might happen to PDF documents during image preprocessing
Ratings and Reviews
For the price I paid... It's a joke
The way this app is manufactured, sold, and supported, portrays to me the image of a company that is having a hard time to adapt to changing markets and market conditions. This is the most expensive software I own on my Macbook, and it is also the least delivering.
What can I say... If I want to OCR a document quickly, I can't. I have to export it into a file format and save it first. I can't just have a plain text rendering. I am blind, and this feature would be very useful to quickly access the content of PDFs that are not made searchable, or to read regular paper documents without needing to save the actual scan.
I can't open any files straight from the Finder, either. Seriously? How much did you have to rush this out?
What about batch processing?
How about network scanners? What about pasting images? What about recognizing PDFs intuitively, and without having to rebuild one?
Anyway. If you think I'm wrong, buy the software and enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that using FineReader caused you much difficulties.
We'd like to answer some of the listed questions.
To open image from Finder please do the following:
Ctrl+Click the image in Finder, tap button to move right- the focus will be on option Open in drop-down menu. Tap button down and click right to select Open With menu. FineReader should be listed in this menu.
Batch processing is supported with default Mac OS tool Automator.
Scanning through network scanners is supported. Please check if scanning through network scanner works with ImageCapture. If it does, but scanning through network scanner still doesn't work in FineReader please contact our Technical Support via e-mail: email@example.com
Thank you for your comments.
Best you can buy
I've used the Finereader Windows version for years, then my windows computer died and i bought a Mac and bought the Finereader Pro for it. the Program works just great as i use it while working for my youth group putting together records of classes they have completed. Works just great. 5 stars isnt enough!
Abby Fine reader OCR pro for Mac
Fine reader OCR pro was one of thte best purchases that I made because it helps me make PDF documents that I’m faced with 100% accessible and because of this your product deserves a 5 star rating from me.
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 608.4 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ABBYY Production LLC, 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.