FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to quickly capture docs and books, creating electronic copies in PDF and JPG, and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from world-leading OCR software company ABBYY.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture' category in the Mobile Star Awards *****
**** FineScanner from ABBYY is a fine app, which has value beyond its business credentials. It is a useful tool for keeping track of and backing up important and not so important information. - Macworld.co.uk ****
Use your iPhone/iPad with FineScanner to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, pictures, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies. Ideal for individuals, business, government or school use - anytime, anywhere.
• PDF & JPG. Scan any printed or hand-written text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. Enable the Book mode in your camera and take snapshots of facing book pages. BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner.
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (docx, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (up to 100 pages per document).
• Siri Shortcuts. To open scans with Siri create Siri shortcut in document properties.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Use our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT. Access or find documents by pressing the app icon a little bit harder. Spotlight Search allows you to find any scans from iPhone home screen.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on viewfinder and FineScanner automatically chooses and processes the best of three images captured.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside app with tags and search capabilities.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 50 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like Finescanner? Please leave a review!
Thanks a lot!
+ Overall stability improvements.
The most important in previous releases:
+ Accelerated app launch.
+ Improved interface for the new iPad Pro.
+ Camera supports 60 frames per second.
+ Siri Shortcuts support.
We would appreciate your reviews on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Best scanning and OCR app that exists!
I’ve been using FineScannerPRO for a few years now and it just keeps getting better! Scanning is simple with the iPad or iPhone and OCR is very accurate. I’ve been using it to recognize text in both English and Spanish, both of which work great. The new page area recognition features make it easier than ever to scan pages with little or no manual adjustments. Recognized documents can be downloaded in several useful file formats including MS Word, RTF, and plain text. I now do all my scanning and OCR on my iPad instead of my dedicated scanner. It is just so much faster and easier. You can also make a “photocopy” of any document just by printing the result of your scan. I would highly recommend this app!
Developer Response ,
It is a pleasure to have such feedback from users. We will do our best to once again provide you with the best products possible! Thank you for being with us! Have a nice start into the new week,
Indispensable for importing and exporting ocr'd files
I frequently receive scanned PDF's in image format only that I need to markup and comment, which is only fully possible with recognized text. No other PDF scanner app that I have found, despite many having otherwise excellent features, allows you to import PDF files and then export the text recognized files to another app, except for this one. This single app has now made my iPad a true laptop replacement. Thanks for a fantastic, simple to use app that does exactly what it promises.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Dvlrbbt! Thank you, we're glad you like the app. Have a nice day! Regards, ABBYY Mobile team.
indispensable for historians
I am a history graduate student who needs to scan documents as quickly as possible in the archives. This app has everything I could ever need to accomplish the mission — auto capture, OCR, automatic cloud sync, and (most importantly!) the stability to scan in massive documents. This app has never crashed on me, not even when I scanned a folder with 400 pages of correspondence into a single PDF file! I recommend this app as a superior alternative to all of my colleagues who contemplate purchasing a handheld scanner.
Developer Response ,
It is a pleasure to have such feedback from users. We will do our best to once again provide you with the best products possible! Thank you for being with us! With best wishes,
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 124.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ABBYY USA Software House Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.