FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to quickly capture docs and books, creating electronic copies in PDF and JPG, and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
FineScanner - the top mobile scanner for iPhone or iPad from world-leading OCR software company ABBYY.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture' category in the Mobile Star Awards *****
**** FineScanner from ABBYY is a fine app, which has value beyond its business credentials. It is a useful tool for keeping track of and backing up important and not so important information. - Macworld.co.uk ****
Use your iPhone/iPad with FineScanner to scan paper documents, books, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, pictures, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies. Ideal for individuals, business, government or school use - anytime, anywhere.
• PDF & JPG. Scan any printed or hand-written text and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• BOOKSCAN TECH. Enable the Book mode in your camera and take snapshots of facing book pages. BookScan will split the opposing pages into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a conventional scanner.
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (docx, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (up to 100 pages per document).
• Siri Shortcuts. To open scans with Siri create Siri shortcut in document properties.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Use our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• 3D TOUCH & SPOTLIGHT. Access or find documents by pressing the app icon a little bit harder. Spotlight Search allows you to find any scans from iPhone home screen.
• PASSWORD ON PDF. Add a password for the image-only PDF files while exporting and sending via email.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents without any additional selection on viewfinder (up to 100 pages per document).
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on viewfinder and FineScanner automatically chooses and processes the best of three images captured.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside app with tags and search capabilities.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send results by e-mail, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer docs to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
CORPORATE VOLUME LICENSING
If you are interested in volume licensing (from 50 licenses) for your company or any customization of the app, please contact us at email@example.com
Do you like Finescanner? Please leave a review!
Thanks a lot!
FineScanner is now fully compatible with iOS 12 and understands Siri commands. For example, to open a scan of your passport using Siri:
Go to the document properties and select "Siri Shortcut". Tap the record button to create a voice command: "Open my passport". Done!
Feel free to leave your review on the App Store and tell us if you like the Siri Shortcut and iOS 12 support in FineScanner!
Ratings and Reviews
Indispensable for importing and exporting ocr'd files
I frequently receive scanned PDF's in image format only that I need to markup and comment, which is only fully possible with recognized text. No other PDF scanner app that I have found, despite many having otherwise excellent features, allows you to import PDF files and then export the text recognized files to another app, except for this one. This single app has now made my iPad a true laptop replacement. Thanks for a fantastic, simple to use app that does exactly what it promises.
Hi, Dvlrbbt! Thank you, we're glad you like the app. Have a nice day! Regards, ABBYY Mobile team.
Not so fine.
Do you want a high quality scan that is also searchable? You are out of luck here. You have to accept a low quality compressed image if you want OCR. ABBYY says this is because of pre-processing. Other companies provide both. I am guessing that the OCR is done on their server which is why it is compressed for transit. This may also be a privacy and compliance issue for some users. ABBYY has not responded to my recent query. Even the OCR is not tops in my testing. I use the business card scanner by ABBYY, but Finescanner is simply not useful software in its current form.
Hi! Thank you for your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We will take your feedback into account as we work toward improving the product. With most sincere apologies, ABBYY Mobile
Picture quality not as good as my ‘camera’ app on iPhone
I use FineScanner a lot and love that it can save to my dropbox and Google drive. But I have noticed a major quality decrease when I take the picture in FineScanner versus when I take it with my regular camera app and then import it. I wish I didn’t have to do the extra step to get a good quality picture
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 135.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, ABBYY Production LLC. Multipage Scanner & OCR. Scan docs from paper on the go.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.