Fine Scanner : Scan and OCR multipage docs, passport or receipt from paper and save in PDF or JPEG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ABBYY FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner & document manager that allows you to quickly capture images, creating electronic documents in PDF and JPG, and apply OCR to recognize texts for further editing and sharing. Ideal for individuals, small business, government or school use - anytime, anywhere.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture' category in the Mobile Star Awards *****
Use your iPhone/iPad camera to scan paper documents, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, pictures, charts, tables, slides, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and save the results in PDF or JPEG. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 44 languages and choose from among 12 output formats, preserving the original document formatting.
**** ‘FineScanner from ABBYY is a fine app, which has value beyond its business credentials. It is a useful tool for keeping track of and backing up important and not so important information.* - Macworld.co.uk ****
• Scan any printed or hand-written text anywhere and anytime.
• Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 44 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (docx, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (Premium account and Internet required)
• Add a password for the image-only PDF file while exporting and sending via email (Premium Account required)
• Edit images (crop redundant background) directly from within Photos. Just select an image and run Extension!
• Easily make documents of any size using your iPhone/iPad camera: with FineScanner, you can create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents.
• Excellent visual quality guaranteed with automatic cropping of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• Best-shot photo mode automatically chooses and processes the best of three images captured.
• PDF and JPEG support: save and export scans to JPEG images and cross-platform PDF documents.
• Built-in file archiving: save results in a file archive with tags and in-app search capabilities
• Multiple export destinations: send results by e-mail or to on-line services such as iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Yandex.Disk, Evernote or Facebook
• Transfer documents directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• AirPrint support: print out scanned documents directly from your mobile device.
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription includes:
• Text recognition (OCR)
• Password on PDF
• No ads
The application runs on the iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, iPhone 4S and 4, as well as iPad 3, 4, iPad mini, and iPod Touch (5th generation). iOS 7.0 and above is required.
The application is not compatible with the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS and is not recommended for use on the iPod Touch or iPad 1, 2, because cameras on these devices do not support auto focus.
FOLLOW US on Twitter http://twitter.com/ABBYY_Mobile
ABBYY Mobile on Facebook: http://facebook.com/AbbyyMobile
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your comments here. With any questions and suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a review if you like FineScanner. Thank you!
Go paperless with ABBYY FineScanner!
What's New in Version 4.2
Here’s what you’ll find in this update:
+ Owners of the latest Apple devices can now enjoy the unprecedented sharpness and clarity of the app’s main screens we’ve redesigned specifically for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
+ Improved posting to Facebook: now you can add comment, select Album and privacy setting while creating post.
We would appreciate your positive comments in the App Store for this update. We read every bit of your feedback carefully and it lets us know that what we do is not in vain.
Hands Down Best Combination of Quality & Speed
I've literally never rated or reviewed an App before, and I'm so pressed for time I can't believe I'm writing this! Not exaggerating when I say this App by far was the best combination of quality & speed of all NINE apps I downloaded. Some paid for, some free. Some w/ OCR, some w/o. I think I can safety say it has the fastest upload speed (ie Box, Kindle, etc) of any of them. You can upload 15pgs in virtually no time. I'm not saying it had the best overall quality, for that my vote would be TurboScan 3x pic setting, but it'd take u a yr if u had a big batch! Plus I don't even think they'll let u do batches. I unfortunately had a lot of scans in a very limited amount of time. Also every book page was very readable & instead of a 1x flash it keeps Ur light on like a flashlight app so u know what it'll look like... Which I think is great! I'm sure there's many others who don't have time to waste, hopefully this saves u from the headache of trying each scanning app... and saves u some cash b/c it def adds up!
Even better than I expected
It's not often that I buy it and it exceeds my expectations. This app works so smoothly, so smartly, and so intuitively that it does far more than I even thought of. There are really useful features the designers provide that go beyond anything I've seen in similar programs. This app allows me to dump my scanner and function just as efficiently using my phone. Highly recommend!
Two gripes with pricing. I've had my eye on the OCR for months. It tells me that there's an 80% off sale but there's no way to see that - it acts like it will charge me $25! Second, the same app pro version has the OCR and automatic snapping for only $5. Goofy. So it's just a pricing transparency thing.
Decent, but missing features
Please add webdav/owncloud support!
No contrast adjust for images.
Also no white-balance or background-to-white (for color) or sharpen features, these would be really helpful in getting good quality scans.
Color balance or exposure matching (as a per-page option) between pages would be good too, but doesn't have that.
It also seems to force all pages to the same size by adding white border. That's a little annoying.
The auto-page keystone (cropping and aspect correction) detection is REALLY poor. It almost never gets anywhere close to being correct. I'm not sure how they could have implemented something this badly.
Can't save a processed image back to the camera roll.
Also would be nice to be able to use wifi to retrieve images/documents, but doesn't seem to have that.
But I do like that you can pick multiple pictures at once from photo roll, and that you can go back and fine tune adjustments or add pages to the same doc later.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 12, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- © ABBYY, 2014. Multipage Scanner & OCR. Scan docs from paper on the go.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable ads$1.99
- Premium Account$4.99
- Recognize Text (OCR)$1.99
- Premium Account$19.99
- Protect PDF with password$2.99