By Gianluca Natalini
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Finger3D HD" turns your device into a three-dimensional modeler, the smallest and portable existing 3D modeler.
With "Finger3D" you can make any shape / object / three-dimensional model, you can model shapes with the fingers of your hands.
You will have all three-dimensional geometric primitives (Spheres, Cylinders, Cones, Cubes, Planes, Surfaces, Disc, Curves, etc ...) typically used in the normal three-dimensional modelers for the PC.
You can manage the parameters for lighting (eg position lamp), material (eg color material), the object transparency (alpha parameter), etc...
You can navigate the 3D world using the fingers of your hands (zoom in / out with two fingers, rotate with a finger in all directions, pan, etc. ...); you can use the three-dimensional (3D) view, the high view (Y UP), right view (X UP), frontal view (Z UP).
You can model the objects, scale (also scale only the selected vertices or part of the three-dimensional object), move, rotate, move only the selected vertices with your fingers (with X UP, Y UP, Z UP view) or use the blue three-dimensional ball pointer for selection (in all views) to drag the selected vertices (the vertexes will move himself together with the pointer movement if "MODEL ON" state is selected).
You can quickly locate the pointer in the three-dimensional space using three coordinates X, Y, Z or using the arrow pointer positioning (movement along the axes X, Y, Z). These functions are useful for quick selection of items or for adding a new items in the desired locations with great accuracy).
The size of three-dimensional objects can be defined using, during insertion, the "RADIUS POINTER" control or after using the scale feature (in editing mode).
With "POINTER RADIUS" you can select (in editing mode), one or more vertices / objects / faces; increasing the size of the "POINTER RADIUS" You can select multiple components (vertices and faces within the pointer are displayed with yellow color; yellow transparent plans for selected faces).
1) CHARACTER MODELING (using background images)
2) DROPBOX .OBJ file sharing (cloud)
3) FingerCAD .OBJ file sharing
You will have the most common features for three-dimensional modeling:
1) MODEL: move the selected vertices
2) DIVIDE: divide one or more faces into 4 or more faces for each face
3) EXTRUDE: extrusion perpendicular or oblique for faces (extrusion direction: from the center of the selected face to the center point of three-dimensional pointer)
4) SMOOTH: useful for the creation of mountains, if enabled give to the vertexes a gentle curve, proportionally with distance between the selected vertexes and the center of the three-dimensional pointer
5) LINKS: move the vertices in the center of the three-dimensional pointer (useful to model 3D arrow, beaks of animals, the front of aircraft wings, etc. ...)
6) COPY / PASTE
7) COPY MIRROR (regard specified axis or along specified axis)
8) ERASE VERTEXES / FACES
9) FACE EDITING / VERTEXES EDITING
11) REVOLVE "SPIN"
12) REVOLVE "BASE FACE" (useful to create people with one click)
13) MOVE OBJECTS
14) 3D AND 2D views
15) VERTEXES EDITING WITH FINGERS (in XUP, YUP, ZUP views - the three 2D views)
The model may be manually or automatically saved for later use, exported to OBJ format and then be sent via e-mail and loaded into the common three-dimensional modelers for the PC (eg, Maya 3D, Blender, etc. ...).
RENDER button to start the process of rendering for three-dimensional model.
The "PROJECTS: Archieve Management" allows saving, management, loading and fusion for projects.
The three-dimensional graphics has been fully implemented in OpenGL, the product then uses the three-dimensional acceleration used in PC games.
The simplicity of using this three-dimensional modeling is the result of the latest technological innovation... you will forgot the complex three-dimensional modelers for PC ... Try it!
What's New in Version 2.0
The aim of this update is to give a more simple and powerful interface, to simplify the modeling of the 3D objects.
Also new features are been added...
- new action intensity controls and multipliers (with the ability to set accurate values for all the available transformation / modeling routines, etc…)
- ability to specify the delta X,Y,Z movement distance for the 3D pointer: this gives You the ability to model a 3D object with extreme precision of movement for vertices or faces
- ability to set the 3D pointer position in the center of gravity ("CG" button) of the selected 3D objects (in the center of gravity of the selected vertices or faces of the selected 3D objects)
- ability to close two or more selected vertices with new faces (selecting two or more vertices and pressing the button "FACES")
- scale objects along X or Y or Z axis or ALL with a selectable scaling multiplier value
- move objects along X or Y or Z axis with a selectable distance
- rotate objects around X or Y or Z axis with a selectable angle
- copy objects along X or Y or Z axis at a selectable distance
- revolve objects around X or Y or Z axis with the ability to specify the screw amplitude (or normal revolve using the action intensity control = 0.00)
- revolve spin around X or Y or Z axis with the ability to specify the screw amplitude (or normal revolve spin using the action intensity control = 0.00)
- ability to specify the extrude distance and extrude direction (vector between the center of gravity of the selected vertices/faces of a 3D object and the center of the 3D pointer)
- ability to draw walls by selecting and extruding two vertices of a vertical plane and by specifying the extruded wall length
* Fixed the normals calculation direction for the extruded faces
* New app artworks
* Minor bugs fixed
DOCUMENTATION available at URL:
First off I'm surprised to see a 3d app with so many features. Although this is more in depth than just sculpting, I do believe after watching a couple tutorials this would be a great app to play around on and learn with due to its portability. This could also be a serious app to make actual objects with too! Well worth the money 👍❗
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 28, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gianluca Natalini
- © 2010 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.