A pocket sampler, drum-machine & field recorder designed for 'on-the-go' creativity.
FingerBeat allows you to capture sounds directly into pads or TapeRecord the entire sessions instantly.
Make Loops using the reels then drag-and-drop clips into pads and keep creating.
Is the party boring? Just plug your device to the speakers, add some effects and sing over your beats in real time.
Why not scratch over your original beats? Just load a sound in tape-record and hit play on the sequencer!
Fingerbeat is ideal for quick self-expression without knowing one single musical note.
Your creations are automatically saved and recalled upon exit for total immediacy, so you can just pick it up where you left off. You can also copy & paste audio from other applications into FingerBeat or extract sound snippets from iCloud, Dropbox or your own iTunes library right back into your creations. When you’re happy you can simply export and share your creations with your friends via System Share!
An instant classic for anyone looking to have fun making beat music!
Available for iPhone, iPod, iPad
[ Optimised for iPhone5 & iPad2 – Requires iPhone 4S OR Higher ]
● Low latency drum pads with stereo sound support
● Share beat projects with your friends using email
● Pocket Sampler using internal microphone, built-in library or import from audio file/Dropbox/iTunes Library.
● x8 Pads/Channels with multitimbral pads using the new Slices feature.
● Step Sequencer: Making beats is easy as drawing and tapping boxes to generate unique sequences. Each color is associated to each channel type of pad.
● x24 Pattern blocks with up to 256 steps per pattern.
● Keyboard + Note Editor: While recording, the notes you play will immediately appear in the editor. Its easy to make changes and draw free-form to create / delete notes using your finger.
● Shake to undo
● Multi-Touch Mixer with live audio FXs: FingerBeat is built for user experience & live performance.
● Live Input monitoring allows you to sing over your beats in real time
● Import/Export via iTunes, SoundCloud or Dropbox
● Send/Export by email, SoundCloud/Dropbox
● Tape Recorder/ Audio Editor allows you to record any audio session and/or cut & paste from audio sources/files for sample and loop extraction
● Supports AudioCopy 3
● Supports AudioBus & Remote
● Ableton Link Support
● Core Midi
. iOS10 compatibility
. Fixed an issue that could cause taps in certain areas to work incorrectly
. Improved touch sensitivity in the sequencer "Note Editor"
. New beat from random kit now uses existing kit instead of randomising sounds
. SoundCloud has been removed due to licensing conflicts
Ratings and Reviews
Very Impressive, but could use some quality of life improvements.
I have used this app for a little over 5 months now, and I am very impressed with it’s capabilities. The amount of options and choices you have at your disposal is awesome. With that in mind, i would like to mention just a couple issues I’ve encountered (even though I’m not sure if this app will be updated anymore 😢). One glaring issue I’ve encountered is with the tape recorder section. When you attempt to record for longer than 10 seconds, the recorded starts to glitch out and make crackle sounds, and if you’re overdubbing something, this glitching freezes the thing you’re overdubbing for around a half second, which really messes up any vocal rhythm you may have going. Another bug I’ve encountered is with pattern copying. For some reason, if you copy a pattern from say pad M or above, if you try to copy it and scroll back down at the same time, the controls freeze and you have to restart the app.
And if this app is somehow still going to be supported in updated, some more built in lead sounds and sub bass options would be nice, as I’ve found myself having used the vast majority of the current leads, and I’ve started to get just a little bored with them. It would make me extremely happy to have the developers continue to regularly support and update this app, as I use it upwards of 2 hours daily, and love to make music on it. :D
Best iOS Music creation app by far.
This app manages to put all of the primary ingredients for and ideal home studio recording setup into a clean ,easy to navigate interface.
This allows me to organize concepts and ideas from multiple audio sources quickly and efficiently.
Once you’ve navigated the hidden gems like auto slicing and live effects, you’ll realize this is a must have for any musician, producer, audio engineer , or just a creative mind starting out.
Very enjoyable experience.
Doesn’t work at all with AirPods
No matter what you do, it disconnects from your AirPods as soon as you start the app. The app tells you how important it is to use headphones when you launch it, then refuses to do just that. Neither the drum sounds nor the embedded tutorial video will play through your earphones, so you sit there like a goon holding your iPad while it makes a bunch of noise. Glad I got this for free, because I’d be pretty disappointed to pay money for it and have a fundamental function be broken.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.