"FingerCAD" is the first CAD application for technical drawing with fingers assisted by computer for portable devices. With "FingerCAD" you can draw houses, bridges, planimetry of apartments, mechanical components, geometrical figures, everything that can be designed with a common PC CAD. Useful for the engineers on construction site, for architects, surveyors, designers, students etc.. The design possibilities with "FingerCAD" are endless and all this using only your portable device, during a travel or comfortably seated or standing at work. The ease of use makes it very useful and versatile. The final design can be saved using standard formats (ex. DXF) and can be sent via e-mail or printed. The zoom and pan, the customization of the drawing, the common cad tools, autosaving and the ability to continue operations even in subsequent sessions of use (at boot "FingerCAD" will load automatically the design saved in the previous session of use), possibility to add measurements and free text makes it truly unique. Each CAD object is treated as a separate object; You can then go back in time by removing the objects from last to first (also in next sessions of work), select and remove the undesired parts / incorrect objects. The "automatic acquisition of nearest vertices" facilitates the drawing of adjacent graphics objects and the function "2x" allows you to draw walls (double line) automatically (you can specify the thickness of the wall as desired). The three RGB components, alpha transparency, the freehand drawing, the ability to fill an object with colors, the color palette, the color picker, in addition to the common functions of a CAD give you the ability to add manual graphical effects at the overall design (also using freehand drawing).
MODIFY, COPY AND MOVE for CAD objects (also from one layer to another one).
AUTOMATIC CALCULATION OF THE MEASUREMENT OF THE AREA OF A GENERIC POLYGONAL 3D SURFACE.
Virtual Reality Exploration: you can walk in the 3D model and observe it using first person view (Finger3D + FingerCAD).
HIGH PRECISION OF DRAWING: using the “under finger dynamic drawing preview “ you can see exactly where for example the initial / final point of a line will be placed (observing the preview window that shows the area of drawing not visible under the finger).
AUTO-PAN for work area: if you reach the border of the screen, FingerCAD shifts automatically the work area so you can continue to draw longest lines - you have not to use the "zoom out" to draw long lines.
.OBJ 2D and 3D export routine: export the CAD design for 3D modeling softwares such as Finger3D, Blender, Maya 3D, etc... or print it using 3D printers
DXF export/import for AutoCad, qCad, SolidWorks, etc...
File formats conversions:
- from DXF to OBJ
- from DXF to PDF
- from DXF to IMAGE (JPG,PNG)
3D models can be displayed directly using the "FingerCAD 3D VIEWER".
DROPBOX / iCloud Drive file sharing (IN and OUT)
Ability to import DXF files from a WEB LINK and/or from an EMAIL ATTACHMENT.
Ability to PRINT the design (using AirPrint).
- CAD (computer assisted design)
- Walls with adjustable thickness
- Snap to control points
- Free text
- UNDO/REDO for the graphics objects, from last to first
- Selection and ability to transform/move/delete selected objects
- Snap to grid
- Adjustable grid
- Labels indicating the finger position on the cad area
- Many selectable unit of measurement
- Design multi-layer and multi-floor
- The selected objects can be moved or copied from one layer to another layer or from a floor to another floor
- Preview of other layers in the current layer
- Scale and rotate
- Send with an email the generated .dxf, .obj, .pdf files
- Ability to share .dxf, .obj, .pdf with other installed apps
- DXF part library (architecture, communication, electrical, electronics, mechanical, misc, processing, templates, zipf_libs)
* FingerCAD "COLOR 3D VIEWER": You can visualize the colored 3D models using the colors assigned to the drawn CAD objects
* Added the ability to calculate the measurement of the area of a generic polygonal 3D surface
* Added the ability to insert generic polygonal filled surfaces
* VRE (Virtual Reality Exploration) using Finger3D together with FingerCAD: you can walk in the 3D model and observe it using first person view...
see it in action "FingerCAD HD and Finger3D HD VRE mode demo " on YouTube:
* Minor bugs fixed for iOS 10
New documentation and video tutorials available at URL:
Ratings and Reviews
My only regret today is that I bought this app instead of a beer.
Still looking for functional iPhone 3d cad
I should have listened to the reviews..... Totally useless, horrible interface. Even if it worked, it's hideous to work in. We all miss Atari- doesn't mean I want a cad program to look like it. If it's my fault that I don't know how to use it, then the app should be intuitive/explanatory to some degree. Shouldn't be for sale.
Useful but needs more
I think CAD on an iPhone is very useful. This one has great potential. The big thing missing is documentation. I can not find the method for copy. Otherwise this is a great begining. Please continue to update this app.
- Gianluca Natalini
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright: 2009 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.