By Gianluca Natalini
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- iOS version less than 6.0 -> "FingerCAD"
- iOS version 6.0 (or later) or for an iPhone 5 or iTouch (4-inch display, or later) -> "FingerCAD WS"
"FingerCAD" is the first CAD application for technical drawing with fingers assisted by computer. With "FingerCAD" you can draw houses, bridges, planimetry of apartments, mechanical components, geometrical figures, everything that can be designed with a common PC CAD. Useful to the engineers on construction site, architects, surveyors, designers, students etc.. The design possibilities with "FingerCAD" are endless and all this using your portable device, comfortably seated or standing at work. The ease of use makes it a very useful and versatile. The final design can be saved using standard formats (ex. DXF) and can be sent via e-mail or printed. The zoom and pan, the customization of the drawing, the common cad tools, autosaving and the ability to continue operations even in subsequent sessions of use (at boot the "FingerCAD" will load automatically design files saved in the previous session of use), possibility of inclusion of measures and free text makes it truly unique. Each brushstroke is treated as a separate object. It can then go back in time by removing the objects from last to first (also in subsequent sessions of work), select and remove the undesired parts, manually remove the incorrect drawing objects. The "automatic acquisition of nearest vertices" facilitates the drawing of adjacent graphics objects and the function "2x" allows you to draw walls (double line) automatically (you can specify thickness of the wall as desired). The three RGB components, alpha transparency, the freehand drawing, the ability to fill an object with colors, the color palette, the color picker, in addition to the normal functions of a CAD give the ability to add manual graphical effects at the overall design (also with freehand drawing).
SELECT, COPY AND MOVE for design objects (also from one layer to another one).
PORTRAIT and LANDSCAPE orientations.
HIGH PRECISION OF DRAWING: "dynamic drawing preview - under finger " when you draw it appears upper left in the screen. So you can see exactly where for example the final point of a line will be placed (observing the preview window that is the area of drawing under the finger).
AUTO-PAN for work area: if you reach the border of the screen, FingerCAD shifts automatically the work area so you can draw longest lines - you have not to use the "zoom out" to draw long lines.
.OBJ 2D and 3D export routine: load the CAD design into 3D modeling softwares such as Blender, Maya 3D, Finger3D, etc...
DXF export/import for AutoCad, qCad, SolidWorks, etc...
File formats conversions:
- from DXF to OBJ
- from DXF to PDF
- from DXF to IMAGE (JPG,PNG)
3D models can be displayed directly using the "FingerCAD 3D VIEWER".
DROPBOX / iDisk file sharing (IN and OUT - cloud storage)
Ability to import dxf files from a WEB LINK and from an EMAIL ATTACHMENT.
Ability to PRINT the design (using AirPrint).
With "FingerCAD" you forget your CAD for PC ... Try it!
- CAD (computer assisted design)
- Walls with adjustable thickness
- Snap to control points
- Free text can be added
- UNDO/REDO for the graphics objects, from last to first
- Selection and possibility to delete selected objects
- Snap to grid
- Adjustable grid
- Labels indicating the finger position on the cad area
- Measures (selectable unit of measurement)
- Design multi-layer and multi-floor
- The selected objects can be moved or copied from one layer to another layer or from a floor to another floor
- Preview of other layers in the current layer
- Scale and rotate
- Send with an email the generated .dxf, .obj, .pdf files (email attachment)
- Ability to share .dxf, .obj, .pdf with other installed apps
What's New in Version 1.84
Version Number: 1.83
"Ease of use update"
* New "LINE: ANGLE, LENGTH" tool:
- write the line first point position (X,Y coordinate) or touch the screen without dragging Your finger to set X,Y coordinate
- write the line length using "LINE: LENGTH" text field
- choose rapidly the line angular direction (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°) using the new main direction buttons
- press the "INSERT" button to add a new line (if POLYLINE is enabled "POLY->ON", You can add many lines joined together simply changing the line length and the line angle and pressing the INSERT button)
* Better "LINE: SNAPS TO THE NEAREST CONTROL POINT" tool
* MIRROR and COPY MIRROR for selected CAD objects respect the X axis or the Y axis
* Action multiplier x1,x3,x15 can now be used for COPY and MOVE
* Ability to copy, move, scale, rotate from the object current layer to a destination layer (the current selected layer) also for from "on all the layers; LAYER=ALL" to a single layer
* Touch the screen and set the anchor position (enable anchor pressing the anchor button); while You are drawing an object (dragging Your finger on the screen) the anchor position will be updated automatically with the last touched position on the screen (it show You the X,Y coordinates of the position of Your touch)
* Project georeferencing added
* Compass rose added
Version Number: 1.84
"Ease of use update STEP 2"
* New selection procedure ("multiple selection rectangle" and "selective tap selection"):
- "multiple selection rectangle": draw multiple selection rectangles to select more objects
- "selective tap selection": tap an object to select or deselect the touched object; if multiple objects exist in the touched position repeat the tap action to select the second or third or fourth (etc...) object in the position of touch
- the selected objects remain selected during editing: copy, move, scale, rotate, mirror, mirror a copy (until user do not deselects the selected objects using "selective tap selection")
- when "SELECTION RECTANGLE" tool will be disabled ("SELECTION RECTANGLE: OFF") all the selected objects will be automatically unselected (use this to deselect all the objects)
* "LINE: SNAPS TO THE NEAREST CONTROL POINT" tool has now MEMORY of the object's acquired snap point:
- it remembers the X position of the snap point if after acquired an object's snap point, the user dragging the finger vertically on the screen (until a certain horizontal distance)
- it remembers the Y position of the snap point if after acquired an object's snap point, the user dragging the finger horizontally on the screen (until a certain vertical distance)
* SNAP TO THE NEAREST CONTROL POINT also for ARC tool
* GESTURE RECOGNIZER for ZOOM and PAN:
- ZOOM IN/OUT with pinch gesture
- PAN dragging 2 fingers on the screen
Documentation and history of the updates available at URL: http://www.ngcybit.it/iTunesApp/fingercad/
Useless and not intuitive
I can't imagine that this developer has actually ever used CAD for producing a drawing. I was unable to draw a simple floor plan using the available command structure and I have used AutoCAD since 1982. If I wasn't so desperate for a functional CAD program, I wouldn't have wasted $5.99 to check it out. A complete waste!
Terrible waste, wish I could get my money back. Absolutely no instructions on how to use.
Dont get it
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 03, 2012
- Version: 1.84
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gianluca Natalini
- © Copyright: 2009 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.