Fire Island App
By Market Ready
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fire Island App from FireIsland.com is a must for anyone visiting or living on Fire Island, New York. This application was originally designed to provide updated ferry schedules and real-time travel alerts for all 15 Fire Island communities. Today it does that and so much more for over 10,000 users!
The New Fire Island App provides users with:
Ferry Schedules, Reliable and Updated
Maps and Directions
This application is part of FireIsland.com the leading Fire Island website and top New York travel destination site.
Fire Island Ferry Destinations:
Fire Island Pines
Ocean Bay Park
Fire Island App is not affiliated with or funded by: Sayville Ferry Service, Fire Island Ferries Inc, or Davis Park Ferry Company.
Fire Island App was created by a 3rd generation Fire Islander who aspires to make Fire Island travel easier and promote environmental change by reducing waste caused by paper schedules.
What's New in Version 2.0
Updated interface for iOS 8 with a clean, modern look.
Includes support for iPhone 6 and iPad screen sizes.
Schedules and events remain available offline after downloading.
Performance and stability improvements.
First ... Get the schedule working ...
The first and best thing any app should do is provide you with the ferry schedule. When they don't have that basic info available, the app is useless.
I've used this app for years, but have switched to a free one that provides real schedule information instead of a paid app that doesn't seem to have a handle on that.
My input about this app.
This is a good start to a potentially great app.
Some of my suggestions would be to (in the following order):
1. Canvas as many businesses and other Map entities as you can convince to create entries for their place. (I am willing to do this for a reasonable fee if you'd like).
2. Get your app developer to tie the app into map apps more deeply than currently delivered. We want to click to entries in your app either from a list or a map and have a more proactive response. The current map only show a flat, unresponsive map.
3. Find some way to get the users involved once you have some directory entries. Mostly with reviews one there are directory entries to review..
4. Tie in the Yelp and FourStar into this mix.
5. Finally, make a more bidirectional relationship with the primary Social Media platform including Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo...
I haven't said much about the revenue stream from this app, but if done correctly, I think fireisland.com can raise their input by quite a lot.
The most important action is the first. Make the directory content as complete and helpful a possible. I'm sure everybody's business will improve if these items can be done.
Harrisosn Kyle Jones