Browse like no one’s watching. The new Firefox Focus automatically blocks a wide range of online trackers — from the moment you launch it to the second you leave it. Easily erase your history, passwords and cookies, so you won’t get followed by things like unwanted ads.
“Private browsing” on most browsers isn’t comprehensive or easy to use. Focus is next-level privacy that’s free, always on and always on your side — because it’s backed by Mozilla, the non-profit that fights for your rights on the Web.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
- By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
MADE BY MOZILLA
- We believe everyone should have control over their lives online. That’s what we’ve been fighting for since 1998.
Ratings and Reviews
Cool, but why is this necessary?
I’ve been using Firefox for over a decade since a tech savvy friend magiced it in my computer. I thought customizing the browser functions was the key selling point for Mozilla, and minimizing tracking and adds was one of them? Most of the add-ons I’ve used over the years have become irrelevant as Mozilla has incorporated their capabilities into their browser. So while I really like the concept, I’m not sure why it’s necessary? It’s kind of frustrating because of the nature of the app makes it so saved bookmarks and passwords for sites I visit frequently can’t be saved. How is this different from the regular Firefox browser incognito mode or otherwise? Do I now have to have 3 browsers (bc you can’t uninstall Safari on iOS -_-) munching data on my phone if I want a way to save my logins/passwords and a good private browser? Also will there ever be a way to set Firefox as the default browser so we can open links in apps straight to Firefox instead of Safari?
My phone is not overheating anymore
I’m very happy with the app. I downloaded it to see if it would improve web browsing because Safari takes a long time to load certain pages like on yahoo or retail sites. Often it doesn’t get the whole page and Instead gives an error message and it retries to load again. The phone would begin to overheat and the battery would drain. The battery drain also happens with Chrome. I decided to get Firefox and found Focus. The problem literally is solved. I have an iPhone 6 so I know the battery and processor are old. What I didn’t realize is that you need updated ones for all the background data being collected. I would give the app 5 stars but it does have some minor issues on certain sites but I figured it is due to what it makes it so effective. It would be nice if it had a reader mode that could darken the background and the words in white. Overall though it is an excellent app. Thanks y’all.
Looking for a lite browser?
I have tried every browser imaginable. Free ones, paid ones. I wanted a browser that does not use tons of data and mostly ad free. I loved the puffin browser and purchased the pro, however too many ads and auto play videos! Why would you have an lite app with auto play videos? That makes no sense! Opera is great but still too many ads and I hate the news feed you can’t remove. Also does seem buggy at times. I’ve seriously tried them all. Firefox Focus is lacking things I like such as speed dial, however that’s a small price to pay for a browser that for the most part has minimal ads, is lite on data, fast and overall functions very smoothly. Thanks for making a browser that isn’t junk!
- Mozilla Corporation
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Aragonese, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingua, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Lower Sorbian, Malay, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.