Browse like no one’s watching. The new Firefox Focus automatically blocks a wide range of online trackers — from the moment you launch it to the second you leave it. Easily erase your history, passwords and cookies, so you won’t get followed by things like unwanted ads.
“Private browsing” on most browsers isn’t comprehensive or easy to use. Focus is next-level privacy that’s free, always on and always on your side — because it’s backed by Mozilla, the non-profit that fights for your rights on the Web.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
- By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
MADE BY MOZILLA
- We believe everyone should have control over their lives online. That’s what we’ve been fighting for since 1998.
Ratings and Reviews
Cool, but why is this necessary?
I’ve been using Firefox for over a decade since a tech savvy friend magiced it in my computer. I thought customizing the browser functions was the key selling point for Mozilla, and minimizing tracking and adds was one of them? Most of the add-ons I’ve used over the years have become irrelevant as Mozilla has incorporated their capabilities into their browser. So while I really like the concept, I’m not sure why it’s necessary? It’s kind of frustrating because of the nature of the app makes it so saved bookmarks and passwords for sites I visit frequently can’t be saved. How is this different from the regular Firefox browser incognito mode or otherwise? Do I now have to have 3 browsers (bc you can’t uninstall Safari on iOS -_-) munching data on my phone if I want a way to save my logins/passwords and a good private browser? Also will there ever be a way to set Firefox as the default browser so we can open links in apps straight to Firefox instead of Safari?
Looking for a lite browser?
I have tried every browser imaginable. Free ones, paid ones. I wanted a browser that does not use tons of data and mostly ad free. I loved the puffin browser and purchased the pro, however too many ads and auto play videos! Why would you have an lite app with auto play videos? That makes no sense! Opera is great but still too many ads and I hate the news feed you can’t remove. Also does seem buggy at times. I’ve seriously tried them all. Firefox Focus is lacking things I like such as speed dial, however that’s a small price to pay for a browser that for the most part has minimal ads, is lite on data, fast and overall functions very smoothly. Thanks for making a browser that isn’t junk!
Very much needed - Best privacy browser in iOS
Edit: Thanks for page search and other new features! Very happy to see Focus receive meaningful, timely updates yet again.
Firefox Focus is an absolutely necessary addition to your browser list. You can block ad, social, analytic, and others which if you know what’s up is worth the sacrifice of losing your tabs. Saying the regular Firefox app has these additions by itself or because Focus is installed is ignorant and if you want that question answered you should probably look that up instead of leaving negative a review.
Thank you Mozilla for keeping Firefox Focus updated - it is a very refreshing addition to the sea of privacy-invasive apps on iOS, and it easily became my default browser as well.
- Mozilla Corporation
- 20.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Aragonese, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Gaelic, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingua, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Lower Sorbian, Malay, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.