Firefox web browser
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted one of the Most Trusted Internet Companies for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS. Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience. That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines - every time.
- Add any search provider
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
- **iOS 9 required for Private Browsing mode**
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox can also remember your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: mzl.la/Permissions
- Learn more about what’s up at Mozilla: blog.mozilla.org
- Like Firefox on Facebook: mzl.la/FXFacebook
- Follow Firefox on Twitter: mzl.la/FXTwitter
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Learn more at mozilla.org
What's New in Version 7.5
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Block Automatic Redirects
This app has improved greatly since my last review. I can now use this app for everything and hardly ever have to open up safari. Something this app needs to keep me away from safari is a native ePub reader. If not a full fledged ePub reader, I would at least like a "Open in..." option. If I need to read ePub files, I have to go to safari even if I'm just going there to end up opening the file in iBooks. Something that also needs work is a way to block automatic redirects. The desktop version of Firefox has this, why doesn't the mobile app? The mobile versions of websites are notorious for having obtrusive ads that redirect you to the App Store. Some websites make it impossible to actually view the contents of the webpage. I would love to see this feature added in your next update.
I'm stopping using this browser
I've used Firefox for as long as I've had apple computers. Faithfully upgraded with each new version and never wanted more than minor changes. The next-to-most-recent version was buggy, but I figured they would fix it in the next release.
The next release was automatically installed. I lost my history, my most recent pages, my password signings and all my browser links. Still I persisted and input URLs as I needed them. I changed my search engine, since my preference there had changed.
None of my new URL/passwords were retained, despite my making a point of using 'remember me'. I don't know who is currently responsible for testing and quality control, but they have done a terrible job and I'll give up and go back to safari, Brave and a third player(to be named later).
In case there is some question - I was using Firefox for iPad and Firefox for iPhone. Since it's no longer an advantage I'll also stop using Firefox for iOS on my iMac.
Sorry, hope Firefox gets it's act together, it used to be great.
Three Stars!! Bravo!!!
It's a Solid 2.5 Star app, mostly because of lack of Safari like features. So what do you do when an app deserves 2.5 stars but that's not an option. That is the conundrum isn't it. After much thought and juggling back and forth I have decided the world has enough hate. Spread love, not hate, round up world!
But not the Hitler kinda rounding up, that most definitely didn't show love, nor the weed killer kind of Round Up® because that's cold dark death. Speaking of killing wayward weeds. Do you think a vegan feels like a cowboy at a feedlot when they mow their lawn?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 16, 2017
- Version: 7.5
- Size: 91.2 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, Gaelic, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Uzbek, Welsh
- Seller: Mozilla Corporation
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.