By Redblox Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In this real-time strategy game, you command a team of elite firefighting helicopters, ground units and water bombers as they battle raging wildfires around the world. Your firefighters will leap into action against fires ranging from grass fires to town-threatening infernos. And the action continues as your team must battle fires in Central Park, the Everglades and even a volcano!
- "Awesome. This is definitely the best firefighting game I have ever played..."
- "Best fire game out there. As a wildland fire fighter I really appreciate this game..."
- "An extremely exciting new RTS. This is a genius idea for a game. It's been very fun to play..."
- "Best firefighter game ever! Challenging and addicting! Fun as a game, but can be used as a training/refresher tool too."
To acknowledge the incredible service of real world firefighters, Redblox Games has committed to donating 5% of all sales from Fire Jumpers to Firefighters 1st, a charity that supports volunteer fire services. And for the following special events, that amount will rise to 10% of sales:
- Global Wildfire Awareness Week (Southern Hemisphere)
- Fire Prevention Week
- Global Wildfire Awareness Week (Northern Hemisphere)
- Includes a sophisticated real-time fire simulation that burns differently each time - depending on the terrain and wind conditions.
- Helicopters can transport firefighting ground units, rescue civilians and make water drops.
- Firefighter hose teams connect to water sources and provide a zone of fire suppression. The effectiveness of the fire suppression will depend on the type of terrain. If the hose burns, the team must reconnect to a new water source.
- Firefighter cut teams create fire breaks. The effectiveness of the fire breaks will depend on the direction and strength of the wind.
- The water bomber makes water drops along paths that you specify.
- Explosives such as fuel tanks present a special danger to firefighting teams.
- Real locations from around the world including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Spain, China, Australia (and more to come).
- A magnifier shows you what's under your finger for more accurate control.
By Redblox Games, an "indie" developer. We hope you enjoy playing this game as much as we enjoyed building it! For more information and strategies, visit our website at: www.redbloxgames.com
This game can be used for public outreach, recruitment and certain types of training. Please contact us for more information.
RTS, real-time strategy game, wildfire game, firefighter game, fire game, fire simulation, fire sim, wildfire simulation, firefighter simulation, wildfire, wild fire, grass fire, grassfire, forest fire, bush fire, bushfire, woodland fire, fire, firefighters, water bomber, water tanker, fire line, fireline, fire break, firebreak, smoke, wind, aerial firefighting, helicopter, water drop, burn, terrain, fire shelter, firestorm, fire storm, smoke jumper, smokejumper, fire jumper, firejumper, hotshot crew, water drop, rescue civilians, teamwork.
What's New in Version 1.4.5
Update version 1.4.5
- That annoying bug that caused the levels to crash has been fixed.
- Finally found source of lag, game fun again :)
- Updated unit mini menu to re-position itself to always stay visible
- Fixed scaling of Help Instructions (now scales to fit screen)
- Improved smoke particles
- A bunch of other bug fixes.
Best version so far, fast again!
Loads of fun
I've been looking for a strategy game that relates to wild land firefighting for years. Wildfire on the PC is the coolest, but I haven't found a mobile app until I downloaded this. I enjoy it and find it challenging.
They keep your units within the span of control and the fuel models are easily identifiable through color and land contours.
The only issue is that the touch controls get a little finicky when your resources are bunched together.
Addictive but clunky
This game is fun, challenging and yes addictive. There is something really appealing about racing to put out a fire. That being said, it is hard to get your tools to do what you want them to do and go where you want them to go. The range and ability of certain tools is unclear and all of this can lead to a lot of frustration. Overall fun, but I can only play for a short time before I get too annoyed to continue. Also, eats battery like crazy!
Agree with Addictive
Somewhat realistic in that resources are spread all over. Tankers take some time to use & sometimes they don't drop where u want them to, at least when learning how to play. The close up square jumps around unexpectedly. But i find myself coming back to play it for a higher score often.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 10, 2013
- Version: 1.4.5
- Size: 49.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Redblox Games Inc.
- © Redblox Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.