By Laan Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Fireplace App turns your Mac into a realistic fire place .
Spice up a party, entertain the kids, or just keep warm!
‹•.SALE.•› $0.99 Launch price! - get it now while it's cheap!
Authentic crackling sounds with adjustable volume makes it even better!
Fireplace App has the highest HD quality of any similar fire place app. We even filmed a fireplace ourselves to get exclusive high quality content!
Remember Yule Log? Now get it on your computer!
★ 3 Selectable Full screen HD 1080p Fire Videos
★ Brick, Stone, and Classic Fireplaces
★ Adjustable Volume for soundtrack
★ Leave it on forever!
★ Hides mouse cursor on full screen
Around the world, you might call it:
What's New in Version 1.1
You talked we listened!
- Higher Quality Video
- 2 New Fireplaces in 1080p
- Longer video loop
- Longer and more seamless audio loop
- Removed loud noise from audio loop
We actually went out and filmed a real fireplace! Because we care about you, our customers!
The original video was out of focus so appeared lower in quality than it should be.
pretty good but not great
I don't like the slight pauses between loops. It's irritating and I know it can be done better. I think there is still too much backgroud noise pollution (hiss). It can be fixed with simple EQ technology, just make the effort to do it. Otherwise the sound is great and the video is very nice, except for the nearly intolerable pause in the loop. Loops could still be longer, I mean, how hard IS it? I think a couple of the pans are too far out. I'd rather see more of the fire burning than the outside of the fireplace. Crackling is nice, overall a nice app with great potential; needs an update to fix a few issues. I would recommend it (talk it up) if just a few modifications were made. Please work on it and give us an update, I would give it a 5 star rating if you fixed these few issues. Like I said, a lot of potential to become a standard app. just work on it a little more. :~)
Could Be Great With Improvements
Its a fun little $0.99 app, but some improvements will for sure go a long way:
1) Longer fire clips. The clips feel like they are about 10 seconds long, and then they repeat. I may not be exactly right, but that is the feeling I get from watching this.
2) More UI Polish. The UI on this app, while simple, is annoying at best. When you enter fullscreen mode, it does not hide your mouse (it may not be able to as per Apple's prohibition of private APIs), but it then makes matters worse by popping up a menu when the mouse is moved. In effect, you try and close the menu and move the mouse to the corner of the screen and the menu pops back up.
3) Like another reviewer, a few more fires (and longer clips of those) would be great.
Overall, its a fun app. But could be something I use on a regular basis is the short duration loops didn't make me slightly nausiated.
small package, great delivery
There are alot of fireplace apps out there, and I've downloaded half a dozen of them over time, but this one caught my eye. yeah, it doesn't look like much, and you only get 3 visuals, however it really doesn't matter. Clarity is a big game changer when vewing any app on a large monitor. The 1080p video qualty is what a fireplace app should be and this one delivers. Not bad for .99. heck not bad for a few more dollars. If what you are looking for is a visually stunning, picture perfect mood changer, than give this a try. like I said, "small package, great delivery"