Fires Near Me NSW
By NSW Rural Fire Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fires Near Me NSW
This is the official iPhone application of the NSW Rural Fire Service.
This application provides information on current incidents across NSW attended by the RFS and other agencies. It also provides information on total fire bans.
The application gives users the ability to source information on incidents near them, using the ‘Fires Near Me’ function.
The ‘Fires near Me’ application is provided as-is, and without warranty or support. More information may be found http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au .
Your feedback, however, is gratefully sought, and will help us develop an even more useful way of giving you information on fires near you. Please send any feedback here: email@example.com .
For further information, please see http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au .
• Initially centres the map of NSW on your Current Position.
• Allows you to choose another location, e.g. the destination for your weekend holiday, and centres on that location.
• Lets you know if there is a fire within 50 km of your location.
• Displays any fires within a 10 km radius of your location.
• Allows you to see a list of the bush fires in NSW, sorted by their proximity to your location—the closest being sorted to the top of the list.
• Tap on the fire and you will see some information about the fire. Tap on the arrow (“>“) and you will see the list of bush fires in NSW.
• Top on the arrow (“>“) of a fire within the list of bush fires, you will see a screen of more details on that particular fire.
• Tap the map button from the Details page and the map page appears centred on that fire.
• If a Total Fire Ban is active for today or tomorrow for your location, the Total Fire Ban symbol appears on the screen to warn you of this.
• Fires are listed by the name of the nearest town or village, if available. This makes it easier for you to recognise where it is, so that you can avoid it!
PREPARE. ACT. SURVIVE. Have a Bush Fire Survival Plan and keep up to date on fires in your area.
© State of New South Wales through the NSW Rural Fire Service 2010
While the material within this application is current at the time of writing changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the material. Individuals are responsible for ensuring they have the most current version of this application.
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) disclaims any liability (including but not limited to liability by reason of negligence) to the users of the material for any loss, damage, cost or expense whether direct, indirect, consequential or special, incurred by, or arising by reason of, any person using or relying on the material and whether caused by reason of, any error, omission or misrepresentation in the material or otherwise.
The NSW RFS recommends users of the application do not rely solely on the information provided in this application. A number of sources, including the www.rfs.nsw.gov.au website, 1800 679 737 information line and media, should be used and users should assess the relevance and accuracy of each.
Current incident activity is sourced from the NSW RFS incident control database. It is not ‘real-time’ information and is only a general indication of current activity. Incident spatial location (burnt area and fire origin) update times may differ from the update time of incident details.
For full disclaimer please visit http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/dsp_more_info.cfm?CON_ID=10199&CAT_ID=681.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
- iOS 7 fixes
- New maps API
- Icon changes
It thinks I'm in XTaustraliaewdztwwVSRSAXYG
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 06, 2014
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NSW Rural Fire Service
- © 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.