Relax by the fire light show using your Philips Hue lights. Watch your lights glow and flicker to the sounds of a fire.
• Candlelight — Flickering flame from a candle
• Lava — Molten rock oozes out of the volcano
• Fireplace — Glowing fire with wood crackling as it slowly burns
• Campfire — Flames dance quickly with crickets chirping in the background
• Toggle fire sound effects
• Set fire volume
• Toggle fire light effects
• Change flicker rate (default, glow, slow, medium, fast)
• Change the color of the fire light effects
• Change the brightness of the fire light effects
• Change default end state (on, off, revert)
• Change sleep end state (on, off, revert)
• Auto-start and Auto-stop fire
LIGHTS / GROUPS
Select one or more lights for your fire light show on the Lights/Groups tab. Choose a group that you set up using your Philips Hue app, or create a new group in the Firestorm for Hue app. To edit a group in the list, swipe the item to the left and tap the pencil icon. When you add, remove, or change lights, pull down the list to refresh.
• Sleep Timer with audio fade out. Sleep End State setting lets you choose what happens to the state of the lights when the sleep timer ends.
• Bluetooth and AirPlay supported via Control Center.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues. I'd love to hear your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to rate and review the app. I want to continue to improve Firestorm for Hue and create a great experience for you and future users. Thank you! —Scott
Need help? Please email email@example.com
- added AirPlay support via Control Center
- added lights/groups refresh when app opens
- added Sleep Timer countdown
- added Sleep End State (Off by default)
- added local storage backup
- added official Hue icons
- added current group/light link to Groups/Lights tab
- added slide to edit Groups
- changed Default End State to Revert
- improved audio loop
- fixed horizontal scroll bug
- prevented Default End State on mode switch
Ratings and Reviews
Initial issue, but works great now
Original: I access the app from my iPhone 10 and control Philips Hue lights. It works until the auto lock on the phone comes on after two minutes than the flickering stops. I can’t find a setting in the app to prevent it from stopping after the phone’s auto lock activates. I guess I could change the auto lock setting from two minutes to never, but it seems odd that I need to have my phone on for this to work.
Update: We use this app nearly every day with our Hue lights and per the developer recommendation, it works fine after I cycled my phone off and on. Five Stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! You should be able to run the app in the background. Please try restarting your iPhone and/or closing all other apps running in the background. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
This app is ok... Buts that's about it. The fire doesn't really flicker, it just fades into another color either slowly or quickly. That's pretty much it. The sound effects only worked on the fire and campfire... Idk if there was supposed to be for the candle or lava but neither made sounds...The audio is not great. You can hear it loop and it's a fairly short loop.
All in all I can create the same effect with other apps that I already have like iconnecthue and quite possibly get a better result.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. The flicker effect runs at a random interval and brightness for each light independently. The Lava mode has the slowest flicker rate and the Campfire mode has the fastest, but you can override the default flicker rate under Settings. The Lava and Candlelight modes do not have sound effects. Please contact me at email@example.com if there are any features you think are missing or could be improved upon.
Charged me $9.72 for an app that says is $1.99
Misleading immediately charged my credit car $9.72 for an app that is $1.99. I refuse to be robbed of my money, and the app is not even worth the $1.99
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you were overcharged. The price of the app is USD 1.99. Please report the problem to Apple: https://reportaproblem.apple.com/
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.