Firetask Pro represents the next generation of easy-to-use, project-oriented task management apps. By combining David Allen's powerful Getting Things Done (GTD®) approach with classical task management features such as priorities and due dates, Firetask creates a unique task management experience.
Firetask is also available for *macOS* (sold separately) and syncs via iCloud.
GETTING THINGS DONE®
If you don't know how GTD works here are some of the basic concepts:
(1) Perform a "brain dump" -- collect all your open issues and tasks in your "Inbox"
(2) Decide whether tasks are actionable, i.e., you want and can complete them yourself, whether you want to delegate them (Firetask provides a "Waiting For" list), or whether they are more of a "someday/maybe" thing
(3) Organize your actionable tasks into so-called "next action" lists (Firetask provides "projects" for this)
(4) Assign contexts to indicate, e.g., whether a task can only be done in a certain environment (e.g., you have to be "Home" to do clean up your house; we call this a "category")
(5) Perform a weekly GTD review where you repeat steps 2-4 on a regular schedule in order to keep your trusted GTD task management system up-to-date
WHY USE FIRETASK?
Firetask provides a very logical implementation of GTD in a way that concepts such as the "Inbox" or "Someday" are implemented as task statuses; this way, categories (contexts) and project assignments can optionally be already associated within the Inbox and thus, making a task actionable only means changing its status to "Actionable".
Although tasks do not have to be part of a project, projects are first class business objects in Firetask: they have their own statuses, you can organize them via "portfolios" (project folders) and you have full control over the order of tasks in a project. Successful project-oriented task management has never been easier.
Firetask comes with great, visual tools that help you with your weekly GTD review such as "Kanban", "Priorities", and "Dates" views. Simply use drag & drop to move tasks between Inbox and Actionable statuses, into the "Starred" list, or to move them between priorities or due dates.
Firetask is also deeply integrated with the Apple ecosystem with optional integration with Reminders, Calendar events, Contacts, and syncing via iCloud.
Firetask is available on iPhone, iPad, macOS, and Apple Watch providing you with a seamless user experience across platforms.
* Solid and logical implementation of GTD including dedicated "Inbox", "Someday", "Next", and "Waiting For" lists
* Uniquely focused "Today" view showing "Starred" (things you need to do ASAP) and due tasks
* Practical "Next" view showing upcoming due tasks and next tasks per project at a glance
* Full support for simple project management via project task lists, portfolios for organizing projects, and actions for breaking down complex tasks into individual steps
* Support for simple link attachments
* Unique color and icon-based approach to task and project categories
* Clean and at the same time visually rich user experience
* Seamless syncing via iCloud
* Optional integration with built-in Reminders, Calendar, and Contacts apps
* Today widget and highly focused Apple Watch app providing quick access to Inbox, Today, Next, and Waiting For lists
NEW IN FIRETASK PRO
If you are a long-time Firetask 3 user and wonder whether it is worth upgrading -- these are just some of the more than 100 new features in Firetask Pro:
* Enhanced overall workflow based on real-life user feedback
* Portfolios for organizing projects
* Actions for breaking down tasks into individual steps
* Link attachments
* Full control over the order of tasks in Inbox, Someday, Scratchpad, and Starred task lists
* Reminders, Calendar, and Contacts integration
* Easier and faster syncing via iCloud
* Today widget and Apple Watch app
Firetask 4.1 provides major improvements to working with actions including:
- Viewing actions is now possible directly inline in task lists
- Renamed preference "Always show task details" toggles visibility of both notes and actions in task lists
- The search function now also searches within action titles and shows actions also inline in search results
In addition, we improved the handling of long task titles in the task detail view via auto-shrinking text and more exact scrolling.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok for Organizing Task and Projects
This review is a little jaded because of my requirements. What I wanted was an app that can sync with my iOS reminders as they are along with the Tasks that sync from my Outlook and give me a Kanban view of them. This creates a reminders list called “Firetask” on my iPad (it does not sync with “my” reminders or tasks - it creates a new list). I don’t want another list to manage - I want to manage the ones I have. The tasks on my iPad can be synced via cloud with another device but what I wanted was something that took all of my lists and gave me a better view.
If you are not looking for what I just described, this works great. For me, I’ll have to go searching again or wait for an update if this is the direction the vendor is going.
Worth every penny!
I tried many task/todo/kanban management apps and this one is the best I’ve found. I’ve tried bending others into a good GTD workflow but each left me overwhelmed - either with a long list of tasks or with work involved in managing them.
Firetask gives me a focused view of my tasks. Is easy to add them, and has plenty of options for tagging. You can even use a Kanban view, though I find Kanban less useful in digital form. The today and next 3 day views are indispensable in keeping me focused on what needs to be done.
It can be a little confusing at first, just create some sample items, play with the tagging, and soon you’ll understand what works best for you and how the app works.
The iCloud sync works well, so you can stay in sync with the Mac OS counterpart app.
Don’t waste your time with other apps, this one has what you need and is smartly designed.
Best all-in-one task management system out there.
I’ve tried more task management systems but I would want to admit – including earlier versions of Firetask. The latest version pulls it altogether in a cohesive system that is fast and efficient, once you get the hang of it. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.