**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
**One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com**
**One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” - ComplexTech**
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
• Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
We have fixed an issue with 'Hospital Finder', so it now displays whether or not the hospital has an emergency department.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app. You can save lives!
Thorough this app I could learn what I have to do in emergency situations. Every people have possibility of facing the emergency situation in their own life or someone else's while we are living. So when we know what we have to do in emergency situations we can save more lives. This app is the first step for make it possible.
I installed this app several years ago. At that time there was no quiz section but these days it has. The quiz section is really helpful. Through quiz I could assessed not only my knowledge was right but also corrected wrong knowledges previously I had and got some new informations.
I strongly recommend this excellent app for everyone.
I have no confidence in this app when attempting to schedule or reschedule a platelet donation. Every time I attempt to, it requires a phone call to the Red Cross to correct the schedule. Why use it at all when the dates seem to get mixed up every time I attempt to schedule or postpone an appointment? I do like using the app to fill out the Rapid Pass, but I won’t be using the app to do any scheduling from now on. I also don’t like depending on the app to keep track of all my donations. I have a whole stack of plastic cards from my days of donating whole blood and platelets. I’ve been a whole blood donor since 1986 and the Red Cross discontinuing the tracking of donations on the plastic cards saddens me.
Good for refreshers
I really like having this mobile first aid app. It's easy to read and access. I wish the quizzes were longer and more thorough and I'd like the answers to be more challenging. For example, anaphylactic shock does not mean a person is excited about a sale. Obviously. I'd rather the questions and answers be more legit.
- American Red Cross
- 61.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2012-2018 The American National Red Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.