First Aid by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
**One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com**
**One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” - ComplexTech**
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
• Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Now compiled to iOS 8
Tests are broken?
So the idea of this app is great! I love the layout and info., although some of the grammar could be better, but the tests do not work properly. For instance, I answered all of the questions correctly for the bleeding test, however it only said that I had one correct answer. The reason I know I was correct on the other questions, aside from being confident in this knowledge already, was that the test showed the answers for the ones you get wrong, and "correct" for what you get right. In the written answer area, it stated all of the correct answers, which were the ones I gave, but it didn't give me the credit for them. When I tried several more times it would only give me credit for one more answer, even though they all should have been correct from the start. I tried the allergy test, another area that I am competent in, and it did the same thing, but this time for 2 of the 5. It's a shame! The tests are a fun idea, but don't work. I'd give this app 5 stars if everything was in working order.
Typical Red Cross
As a Red Cross Instructor I had to shudder at the broken test site in this app. Just like their Instructor site, it doesn't work and when you ask them to fix it, they are all happy and helpful, but it doesn't get done. But alas that is another story. I like the app, they need to fix the bugs in the tests and update the hospital info area. Otherwise, it has good information, but please get certified in CPR and First Aide by a qualified instructor before attempting anything in this app.
Great resource to use to stay on top of information and to be able to access it handily if needed in an emergency. Nearest hospital information based upon your current location can save a lot of stress and get patient help faster.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 44.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.