First Aid by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of “8 New Apps You Don't Want To Miss” (6/16/2012) – Mashable**
** “First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious**
**One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com**
**One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” - ComplexTech**
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
• Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
• Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
• Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
• Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Fixed issue with the tests
Clear and concise first aid and cpr guide
Includes learning/review modules intended to be read at your leisure, as well as an "Emergency" section intended as a guide during a real incident. Learning portions provide both the how and why of procedures, with FAQs and quizzes. Emergency portions are clear, concise, and practical, with an option to call 911 from within the app when appropriate for the particular emergency. App is very intuitive and user-friendly. Obviously, it's no substitute for hands-on training and certification, but the material can be easily understood by those with no prior training, and is a great refresher for those who are certified but want to brush up or need a quick-as-possible review when an emergency arises.
It's unbelievably basic. This won't really help in an emergency situation as it takes too long to get to the very limited information, although I feel it's purpose is not to be used in an emergency.
Most subjects just refer you to call 911 which is the best thing if you don't have proper training.
I'd like to see an app that focuses attention on what to do when one is out of communication range and needs to take care of both immediate and extended care; i.e., wilderness medical practice.
What a great way to learn, what we all should know!
The information alone is priceless. Then the simplicity of the instruction, pictures and the common question and answer section used together makes it simple to learn how to administer first aid to a person in need. Then once you've studied prove you know first aid by taking the quizzes.
Everyone should have this app!
Thank you for developing this invaluable tool.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.