Help your preschooler start kindergarten ready to succeed! Parents and children can play First Choice Assessment together to assess key developmental skills and concepts in five minutes or less per week. Game-based assessments cover critical developmental domains including math, language and literacy, and social-emotional development.
Follow your customized schedule to minimize screen time and assess what you want. Reports created after each assessment recommend real-world practice activities for the week that are tailored to your child’s current developmental age. Practice activities have been teacher-approved to make sure they are fun and relevant to the readiness skills your child is still mastering!
Skills and concepts assessed include:
- Counting aloud to 10, or 20!
- Recognizing and following instructions using basic positional words related to location and direction.
- Identifying letter-sounds
- And many more!
- This app offers one subscription option at this time: $19.99/month
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service:
Ratings and Reviews
As a speech-language pathologist, parents frequently ask me for app recommendations to work on literacy skills at home. This can be a challenging task, especially when trying to reduce screen time in a world where children spend plenty of time with devices. I want to ensure the iPad apps I recommend are not only efficiently targeting the skills necessary for school readiness, but are simple to navigate and use, and of course engaging and fun. First Choice Assessment is my new go-to! The early literacy assessments are clear and accurate, and the off-iPad activities are excellent. This app provides your child with the necessary exposure and practice with the skills required for kindergarten success. Highly recommend!
Easy to use, my son loves it!!
This is a great app, easy for my son to use, and gives great activities for me to do with him or to let him do himself! We had so much fun doing the rhyming and giggled a lot! This is the kind of app that you want in the grocery store- easy to use, fun, and really meets the kiddos where they are! I highly recommend this app!
Super easy to use, and my daughter enjoyed it! It’s fun to do together and the reports help me know where we can practice more.
- Cognitive ToyBox, Inc.
- 749 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cognitive ToyBox, Inc 2018
- In-App Purchases
- One-Child Monthly Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.