First Letters and Phonics
By Learning Touch LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
>> Now featured in Cool Mom Tech's "Best Reading Apps for Kids" back-to-school guide. <<
Match the letters and listen to the song! First Letters teaches the youngest iPhone kids about letter shapes, letter names and phonics. The game includes two original renditions of the Alphabet Song by popular children's musician Debi Derryberry.
Toddler tested and approved, First Letters keeps the littlest kids entertained and engaged while developing important pre-reading skills.
- learn to recognize letters, both uppercase and lowercase
- learn the names of letters
- learn the sounds that letters make (phonics)
- develop fine motor skills
- learn words that begin with each letter
- a beautiful picture for each letter of the alphabet
- a cute voice saying each letter, phoneme, and word
- two versions of the Alphabet Song: one using letter names and one using phonics
First Letters features great music and the voice of popular kids' entertainer Debi Derryberry. Find out more about Debi's songs, live shows, and kid's games at www.mybabybanana.com.
First Letters is the best way for your child to learn their letters. Filled with delightful illustrations and fun songs, it's full of fun and learning!
If your child is old enough to ask for your phone, they're old enough for First Letters!
If you like First Letters, make sure to check out our best-selling reading apps: First Words: Animals, First Words: Deluxe, and First Words: Sampler. And try our new app, Words That Go featuring Richard Scarry's Busytown Cars.
Follow Learning Touch on Twitter: twitter.com/learningtouch
Become a fan on our Facebook page: facebook.com/pages/Learning-Touch/190179424599
What's New in Version 2.2
Thanks to your feedback, we've made First Letters and Phonics better than ever!
With this update we've fixed a bug that prevented sounds and speech from playing in some circumstances. You can now also adjust the volume of the speech in the game more easily.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have a question or need support.
Thank you for supporting Learning Touch! Please rate our app in the App Store.
Great and simple
My toddler loves this game! I do wish that there was a way to control how many letters appear in the matching game before the song comes on. For example, it would be great if I could just have the first ten letters match before the song comes on, because sometimes the game is just too long for my toddler.
Great for a 1year old
This is a very simple application, cleanly designed with appealing graphics, but effective. Great introductory learning app for babies that know the alphabet and ready to use a tablet or phone.
It has 2 parts: Letter matching pairs and the alphabet song.
* Phonetic mode (most common sound of a letter) is available, learning the letter sounds is probably the best way to ready children for reading
* The alphabet song can be set to phonetic mode as well, only app that seems to have it
* The letter case of matching pairs can be customized
* Baby learned the phonetic sounds of the letters so fast, she moved to First Words Pro, a pricy but worthwhile app.
First Letters and sounds
Love this game for my 3 yr old, and especially love that it does sounds and names.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 04, 2012
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Learning Touch LLC
- © 2009-2011 Learning Touch
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.