First Opinion is the fastest way to talk to a doctor, 24/7, at work or home, even at 3AM. Ask your doctor anything for free. Our top-rated doctors are by your side for the little question or the big concern.
• FAST – Connect in minutes.
• FREE – Unlimited chat with a doctor, 24/7 for free. Ask a doctor any medical questions you have, right now.
• NO TIME LIMITS – Stay connected until your issue is resolved. Message as much and as often as you’d like.
• 100% PRIVATE – First names only within the app so you can share without any embarrassment.
• YOUR DOCTOR FOLLOWS UP – Your doctor will personally reach out to you after every discussion just to check in and see how everything’s going
• EASY RESULTS – Get itemized notes from your doctor after each consultation
• COMMON MOM QUESTIONS – Ask a doctor, or pediatrician, about illness, nutrition, pregnancy, child development, fertility, sleep training, lactation, as well as anything else you've ever wondered about. Ask a doctor about care for your child or children.
• GOING ON A TRIP? – Know what travel vaccinations you need and recommended prescriptions to carry. Plus you can take your doctor with you wherever you go. No need to look for a local doctor again.
• SHARE HEALTH DATA – Automatically send your doctor info about your health and activity through HealthKit.
• PERSONALIZED – Unlike a Google or WebMD search, your doctor gets to know you and gives health information specific to you.
No topic is off the table. Ask a doctor about:
• Skin Problems like Rashes, Acne, Bites
• Birth Control and Oral Contraceptive
• Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
• Sexual Health, STDs, HIV concerns
• Flu, Cold, Fever, Sore Throat
• Vomiting, Diarrhea
• Problems Sleeping
• Persistent Coughs
• Chronic Diseases
• Pediatric Concerns, Children’s Health
• Hair Restoration
• Cold Sores
• Pink Eye, Eye Infections
• Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Of course this app won’t replace going to visit a doctor, but it’s been helpful for me to troubleshoot and discuss symptoms. After having a baby, I had myriad issues and it was nice to have someone to just ask for general advice in how to treat it, how long it might persist, and what might be going on. It helped for those little things that pop up in our lives that don’t really warrant calling on call or visiting the doctor, but you still want reassurance all is well. Some have said that the doctors seem robotic but that hasn’t been my experience. I did have one doctor who seemed to reply based on keywords but that was quickly reassigned to Dr Ankita who has been helpful and offers individualized advice rather than generalisms.
Great, especially for someone with a chronic illness
So far it’s going really great! I have a chronic illness so the need to feel sane with my new and growing symptoms is a big need. Unfortunately many doctors today won’t just give out their personal info or cell numbers to follow up on a need based time frame. This app gives me the chance to do just that. Easier than feeling frantic and needing to waste money at an ER visit or urgent care clinic. That’s why I love this! Thank you for creating this, although it doesn’t necessarily replace the face to face appointment and diagnostic evaluation, it does fulfill my needs. I appreciate whomever created this availability!
What this app is good for
So this app is not a real solution to seeing a doctor but if you’re experiencing some symptoms, these doctors are good at giving advice for at home care or will recommend you go see a doctor in person for treatment. Twice now I’ve used this app to consult a doctor on whether or not it’s a good idea to go for professional treatment and both times the doc recommended further analysis and some at home remedies. It’s good if you’re debating to spend money on healthcare.
You can’t expect treatment for something over the internet because people can lie and he doctor can’t physically examine you. People have too high of expectations for a doctor that basically texts you. They are 24/7 so that’s nice but this is like a minute clinic.
My only real complaint is you can only contact one doctor. No second opinions and no ability to request someone new. I have officially spoken to two different docs through this app and had to use a new email to do so. The second doc was more helpful.
Final review is 3 stars because I get what I want out of this app, but this app seems lacking in overall design.
- First Opinion Service, Inc.
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © First Opinion Service, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.