FirstBuild's mobile app gives you insight and control of FirstBuild connected products.
The Paragon feature:
- Allows you to select from a list of Sous Vide or Pan Fry recipes and send to your Paragon
- Displays auto temperature and time based on food type doneness for Sous Vide
- Displays auto temperature and time with flip and done notifications for Pan Fry
- Supports multiple Paragons
- Reports current Paragon Probe battery levels
- Provides notifications during cooking
- Create a custom cook profile
The Opal feature allows you to:
- Schedule times throughout the day for your Opal to run
- Turn the ice maker on and off via Bluetooth
- Turn night light mode on and off
- Works with iOS 10
- Requires iOS 9 or later
- Requires iPhone 5 or later or iPad 2 or later
- Bluetooth must be enabled
- Sound must be enabled in order to receive cooking alerts
This version fixes a few bugs and adds some additional animation for sous vide.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is for controlling products you’ve bought. Recently, they decided to shove their marketing feed down your throat. I wouldn’t care so much if you had the option to go look at their feed, but the app needs to open to the product page first. If I’m going to turn my ice making on/off, then I want to see that first. When I see your feed first, it makes me want to never do business with you again.
Opal Ice Nugget Review
I like the features and UI of the app, but as others have mentioned the schedule I set for ice machine keeps turning off. I set the days and enable the schedule, and then when I come back the next day to check why the machine didn’t turn on as scheduled, I notice the schedule is disabled. This problem seems to happen every other day. Fix your buggy software!!!
I love the ice machine, but this app is far from up to date. A poorly designed app of an app-enabled device, reflects poorly on the device itself. It’s a shame to spend so much only to be met with a half-hearted, mediocre attempt on the software side. Hope they haven’t cut corners anywhere else! At time of writing, it’s been over a year since the last app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.