FirstVideo for YouTube
By Tantrum Apps
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Have you ever played a YouTube video for your kid only to end up with a list of "recommended" videos which aren't really appropriate? This happens all the time with me and my daughter, so we created FirstVideo.
FirstVideo provides a clean, kid friendly environment to watch YouTube videos. The interface is easy enough for your child to use by themselves and can be tweaked by a parent to allow access to only the videos you approve.
Here are some of the features of FirstVideo:
YouTube Videos for Kids
- We've preloaded over twenty of our favorite kid-friendly and parent-approved YouTube channels for you to watch.
- Tap on the YouTube logo to show the list of channels.
- Enable Parent Mode to allow searching for more YouTube videos. You can also subscribe to other channels and remove channels you don't want.
- Mark your favorite videos for easy access anytime. Just tap and hold on a video to add a star.
- Tap on the Star icon to see the videos you've marked.
- We've added some of our favorite YouTube videos to a special recommended section.
- We'll be adding new videos every week. Keep checking back for new videos to watch!
Even More Good Stuff
- It’s a universal app for both iPhone and iPad so you can watch videos at home or on the road.
- Lots of settings allow parents to customize the experience for their kids.
- You can disable playing over cellular networks to limit data usage.
Still not sold? Here's a video demo to check it out in action:
What's New in Version 1.0.2
A Note on Netflix
Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't let developers search their video catalog from a paid app. This is why we've only had a handful of Netflix videos available and there's no way for you to add new ones. Of course this is not ideal and you've let us know.
Because of this confusion, we've removed any mention of Netflix from our marketing. While the Netflix videos will still be available from within the app, FirstVideo will now be focused on YouTube videos only.
If anything changes with Netflix search, we'll be the first app to add this functionality.
Good in theory
The idea here is great... In theory. Unfortunately we put a little too much trust in the developer to filter videos and have since had to discuss issues with our children that are not necessarily age appropriate base on things they've seen and heard on some of these videos. Most recently my 8yo watched a cartoon video where one character- upon being subject to another's 'singing'- pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head. This is not "kid friendly" entertainment.
Great for younger kids
My 5 year old likes to play videos over and over and now I can let her without worrying.
No no no i hate this
Get your app out of the App Store it's horrible
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 20, 2012
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lawrence Ingraham
- © TantrumApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.