By Fish Rules, LLC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fish Rules is a totally new and innovative way to understand recreational saltwater fishing regulations for state and federal waters from Maine to Texas.
Fish Rules simplifies saltwater fishing regulations into an easy to understand format. With a glance, know if a fish is in season, how many you can keep, how big they have to be, and more.
Fish Rules uses your phone's GPS and calendar to show only the regulations you need. No signal - No problem. Manually enter your latittude/longitude or select your fishing location to get the regulations you need.
Take a photo, log your fish, post it to Facebook - it's never been easier to brag about your catch!
Keep track of the fish you harvest and the ones you release in our intuitive Fish Log. Review your fish log to find patterns and improve your success on the water.
Crisp illustrations and great photos help you identify your catch. Swipe an image to see identification clues and additional photos.
Fish Rules App is NOT a lame pdf reader.
• Regulations are continuously updated throughout the year (2013).
• App is able to run entirely on your device.
• Location Filter: Use your phone's built in GPS or manually select your fishing spot to identify which regulations apply.
• Record harvested and released fish in an easy-to-use Fish Log
• Seamlessly post pictures of your best catches to Facebook and Twitter.
• Maintain your fishing license data within the app.
• Beautiful illustrations and photos are provided for each regulated species to improve your ability to accurately identify your catch. Turn your phone sideways to see larger images and identification clues.
SALTWATER RECREATIONAL REGULATIONS for
• South Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Atlantic federal waters)
• Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council (Gulf of Mexico federal waters)
• Greater Atlantic Federal Waters
• North Carolina state marine waters
• South Carolina state marine waters
• Georgia state marine waters
• Florida state marine waters
• Alabama state marine waters
• Mississippi state marine waters
• Louisiana state marine waters
• Texas state marine waters
• Connecticut state marine waters
• Delaware state marine waters
• Maine state marine waters
• Maryland state marine waters
• Massachusetts state marine waters
• New York state marine waters
• New Jersey state marine waters
• New Hampshire state marine waters
• RI Block Island
• Bahamian waters
Answers to the most common fishing regulations are provided in an intuitive, at-a-glance format:
• What is the bag limit and/or Vessel limit for the fish I just caught?
• What species are prohibited?
• When does season open or close for a particular species?
• When are circle hooks necessary?
• When is a dehooking device necessary?
• When is a venting tool necessary?
• How do I report the landing of a Highly Migratory Species?
Like Fish Rules on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
What's New in Version 4.0.5
- Performance Tweaks
- Fixed an issue with login / sign up
- Other bug fixes
Best regs app!
We use Fish Rules very often because we often fish. There are no better app for fishing regulations. No matter where you are, you can open the app and be confident that you'll be in compliance. The photos are great and search options are super helpful. For users who don't like that the location is always on, simply select 'never' when you're. It fishing and switch to 'always' before you leave the dock. Simple as that.
Was awesome until now
UPDATE OCT 20, 2017: issue resolved by uninstalling the app followed by reinstalling it. Love this app!
I recommend this to all of my fishing buddies and used it nearly every fishing trip for as long as it has been out. Great for fish ID and for ensuring legality.
As of September 2017, it is no longer working on my iPhone and it does not show up on my downloads list or update list. Restarted my phone and it still does not show in the list. When I try to open the app on my phone it will not open, only blinks closed immediately after selecting it.
Really hope the glitch gets resolved since it has been an invaluable app for so many fisherman. I believe it helps all of us to follow the rules set forth by fisheries management, thereby ensuring it is there for future generations.
Great Fishing Aid
This app makes staying legal very easy. Simple to see what is in season. Great pictures and photos to help you identify your catch when you are unsure. Most of all, friendly and outstanding tech service when I had an issue with the app (it was user error), the app works great. Thanks!