Fishing Guide – Pacific Edition
By John Sherry
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This comprehensive sport fishing guide to the Pacific Ocean contains fishing information for the offshore and inshore waters along the entire coasts of California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, the Pacific Islands of Hawaii, American Samoa and Guam!
• Fish Identification images (black & white), descriptions and detailed information for 178 saltwater fish.
• Fish are searchable by Family or by Name.
• General fishing information for 4 regions of the Pacific coast from Alaska to the Mexican border plus the Pacific Islands.
• Detailed fishing charts for the entire West Coast of the United States (California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska), plus the Pacific Islands. These charts do not require or support GPS and are graphics only. “Pinch” to zoom-in for close up views of any area. They show depth contours, location and target species of fishing area, facilities, launches, jetties, piers and sport boat operations.
• Fishing Knots - a small but useful selection of fishing knots
• Fish Weight Calculator – enter length and girth and the calculator give approximate fish weight. Measuring instructions are included.
• Locator Maps (Google Maps) for bait and tackle shops in your area or an area of your choosing.
A wealth of fishing information and fish reference at your finger tips! Enjoy and please feel free to email the dev team with your comments and suggestions. (email@example.com).
A lot of good stuff
I couldn't go 5 stars since I wish the fish were in color but still a solid 4 star app. The fish pictures are OK in b&w and there is certainly a lot of good info about a TON of pacific fish. The longer I have this app the more I like it. I can read the charts just fine on my iPod Touch, maybe the other reviewer didn't zoom in enough, and I have some beach fishing spots in Oregon I plan to check out now. I was hoping to use the fish weight estimator but I haven't caught anything lately but it's early in the year. I like the fishing knots section too. All in all this app looks to me to have a lifetime of fishing info, its packed and I think well worth the money.
No help at all!
I primarily bought this app for the charts so I could look for some new fishing spots. With this app the details of the chart are almost unreadable. This does me no good and the only thing it accomplished is making me $3 poorer. I should've just used Google Maps.
Fish ID feature
Please I'm begging you guys the fish ID feature should be in full color to identify fish better. Please update and you will get a 5 star. This is a grat app, make it the best.
- Category: Sports
- Released: Oct 03, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Sherry
- © John Sherry
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.