By Rogue Amoeba Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Crop and trim audio, paste in or join files, or just rapidly split one long file into many. Fission is streamlined for fast editing. Plus, it works without the quality loss caused by other editors, so you can get perfect quality audio even when editing MP3 and AAC files.
If you need to convert formats, Fission can do that too, with simple export or batch conversion to the MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV formats.
Fission makes audio editing fast and easy - get it now!
What's New in Version 2.2.2
* Updates necessitated by a change to the GateKeeper system have been made.
* A rare crash caused by closing a window has been fixed.
* An Apple Lossless transcoding regression, triggered by files with 4096 packet size, has been fixed.
* Fission is now more forgiving of slightly malformed FLAC files, enabling them to be imported without a problem.
* Several other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
Exclusive and Lossless Editing with Excellent Technical Support
Fission’s ability to edit and save sound documents with lossless results makes this application one of a kind. Even my technical issue was solved the same day I reported it. I’m pleased with this application, my purchase, and the software development team behind it. I hope they continue to grow this useful application.
There are a bunch of free audio file editors, and they are way complicated. I wanted something that “just worked” and this totally fits the bill. Straightforward, simplie, intuitive. Does more than everything I need, and doesn’t make me study the manual first. Apps like this are why I like Macs.
Does not o what it claim it does!!!!
REALLY DISAPOINTED WITH THIS PURCHASE!
Very hard to trim, paste and align parts of same file, NOT intuitive and after paying 32.00 you would expect more
After using it for 2 hrs my frustration just increased..!
Went back to Garage band and I was done in 10 minutes..
I hope to get my money back!!!