FitBark monitors your dog’s everyday activity and sleep and turns that data into deep, actionable health insights. It’s a new way to motivate you and your dog to be active, explain changes in behavior, and make better decisions with your vet about nutrition, mobility, anxiety, skin conditions and other health issues.
*** This app is compatible with FitBark and FitBark 2 dog activity monitors. ***
FitBark is entirely dedicated to getting you and your pet healthy together. And making it fun!
MONITOR ACTIVITY & SLEEP 24/7. Track minute-by-minute activity, sleep quality, distance traveled, calories burned, and overall health and behavior. Rank your dog vs. breed, age and weight peers.
LINK YOUR HUMAN HEALTH TRACKER. Get active with your dog! Link your Fitbit, Apple Watch, HealthKit, Google Fit or Jawbone device and stay healthy together. Talk about motivation!
MONITOR MOBILITY & PAIN. Invite your trainer or veterinarian to monitor changes in mobility, osteoarthritis, or orthopedic rehabilitation. Follow the FitBark Health Index to catch early signs of discomfort or disease.
MONITOR STRESS & ANXIETY. Glance at the Hourly View after you leave home to get valuable clues about your dog's anxiety levels and how he or she is doing when alone, or while in the care of other humans.
MONITOR ITCHINESS & SKIN DISEASES. Keep tabs on the FitBark nightly Sleep Score to track the development of skin conditions over time, such as atopic dermatitis, infectious dermatitis, hot spots, or flea allergies.
LIGHT, RUGGED & WATERPROOF. FitBark 2 fits dogs of any size (Chihuahuas and Leonbergers welcome!), and loves the water as much as your dog does. Fits collars up to 1.5" (38 mm) wide.
ADOPTED BY 50+ RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS. FitBark is loved by dog parents and veterinarians in 130+ countries, including researchers from the University of Cambridge and the Mayo Clinic.
WATCH FITBARK ON ANIMAL PLANET! See how FitBark helps pets and humans tackle the single largest epidemic facing us today in Animal Planet's new show “My Big Fat Pet Makeover.”
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
• This app requires a FitBark or a FitBark 2 Activity Monitor and, optionally, a FitBark Wi-Fi Base Station. Fetch yours at https://www.fitbark.com/store
• The FitBark 2 Activity Monitor is super light (10 grams), fits dogs of any breed, size and weight, and collars not wider than 38 mm (1.5 inches). It has a battery life up to 6 months!
• The FitBark Activity Monitor is super light (8 grams), fits dogs of any breed, size and weight, and collars not wider than 30 mm (1.2 inches). It has a battery life up to 14 days.
• This app supports mobile devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Smart) running iOS 10 and above. Examples: iPhone 5/5c/5s/6/6 Plus,7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/iPhone X, iPod Touch 5th and 6th gen., iPad 3/4/Air/Air 2/Pro/Mini.
• Optionally integrates with Apple HealthKit to display your personal fitness stats next to your dog's.
• The entire software platform (mobile and web) is free of charge for all authorized users (e.g. family members, your dog walker, your veterinarian etc.). There are no monthly or hidden fees.
GET IN TOUCH!
• Website: www.fitbark.com
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/fitbark
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fitbark
• If you have questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs at http://www.fitbark.com/support or send us a note at http://www.fitbark.com/contact. We don’t bite! We’re quite friendly, actually.
Ratings and Reviews
I found out about FitBark from watching the show 'My Big Fat Pet Makeover'...while my Bichon Frisée isn't overweight, I wanted to keep track of how much she was active and how her sleeping was. I like the fact that you can sync the FitBark to the FitBit app so that you can compare pet to owner.
Would have been a 5-star rating except that after the last update, (which allows landscape view on the iPad), when viewing the daily synopsis, it covers up the 'share' link on bottom and then when you tap on the 'clock' face to see hourly view of activity it has shrunk down big time to where you have to carefully tap between the hours you want otherwise you'll tap in another hour segment.
I would also like to see an update made to the Journal to where 1) you see the date the post was done without having to open the post completely, and 2) be able to edit/add to an post - would be handy instead of having to delete that post and redo from scratch.
What a fantastic little idea!
Just got my FitBark for Assisi yesterday and loving it! Perfect companion for my little girl trying to lose her "after Christmas" pounds like her Mom. My Fitbit is part of me--I never leave home without it and Assisi will be the same. Now we can get slim for summer together! My only complaint is that you can't edit a journal entry and add to it without deleting it. That really would be nice so you dont have to keep making new entries to correct.
Update: we completed Week 1 as of yesterday and we are both just really having “a ball” (pardon the pun!) with this wonderful little device. Sisi actually lost a whole pound, she’s sleeping really well (wonderful being able to monitor her sleep with this!) and she’s a much more active dog. We’re having Amit of fun bonding time and she’s getting her sometime procrastinating Mom to move more too.
Really doggy parents, you’ve got to get one of these!!!
Gives a voice to my dogs and more!
This is a great app! It builds an understanding of your dog's normal patterns and alerts you when things go off track. Helps you interpret what has changed and the likely reasons why. And in this way it gives your dog a voice to communicate with you. My vet has found it to me a good tool for help in diagnosing an allergy. And as an extra option I can tie into the app myself with my Fitbit. Now I have a motivator for myself and my dogs. Note this is not a dog pedometer. It is much more sophisticated and nuanced than that. This is an unbelievable database that will help you understand what is happening with your dog hour by hour and day by day plus give you access to other people and their dogs around the world. Lots to explore in this app. Plus customer service is unbelievably terrific. You will be impressed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.