FitJet for OS X - The first Fitbit application for OS X.
FitJet for Fitbit allows you to quickly see your stats from this simple menu bar application!
- Summary Page graphs your calories burned, consumed and total number steps for the day, compared to your goals
- Heart rate page graphs your resting heart rate over the last week.
- Sleep page graphs your sleep from the night before, with number of hours of sleep and total number off wake ups.
- Leaderboard page, which shows the top rankings for steps within your Fitbit social group.
- Badge pages shows you your latest badges.
Quickly see your daily stats with FitJet!
If you have any suggestions for how to improve this app, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic start to a promising app
I’ve been looking for a way to natively check my Fitbit data throughout the day on my Mac, something that Fitbit itself has yet to provide. They do have a sync tool, but it simply syncs your data to their website; in order to view it, you have to check through the web browser. This neat little app allows you to check your Fitbit data after you’ve synced it (so, you still need Fitbit’s own syncing tool, which can be downloaded for free from their website). So far this has worked flawlessly. However, I agree with the other reviewer that the app needs an option for a monochrome menu bar icon, as thed colored one is a little jarring. I also think it could use a better icon overall; I’m a very visual person and the one it currently has doesn’t make me think “oh, this is the app that shows me my Fitbit stats.” Something closer to Fitbit’s own icon would work better. Finally - and I say this about all widget-like mini-apps that run from the menubar - I think this should really be a Notification Center widget. I think it would just work better there. Even though I use a 15” MBP, it seems like every other app these days has a menubar component, and I’m actually starting to run out of room. Anyway, other than these little requests, this app has worked well for me so far and certainly gets the job done.
FINALLY A Fitbit App on the Mac
I’m happy to see that someone has finally created way to check Fitbit stats from your Mac without having to use the website’s disjointed interface. It’s a good start.
Things I’m hoping to see in future releases:
- A monochrome menu bar icon option - It’s one reason I can’t keep this app in my menu bar.
- A drop down menu to select from all stats quickly - Right now the only way to figure out what’s avaiilble to view is clicking the forward and back arrows and the various icons within the screens. This means it takes some time to discover what you can actually view in the first place but it also takes time to switch back and forth between what you want to see.
- More info - It’s nice to see steps, but it’s interesting to see that while you can browse friends and badges, you can’t see your weight or your heart rate for the day (only weekly resting avg for the heart rate).
Looking forward to what this app brings for the future.
Does not work
This app does not work at all on my 2016 MacBook. The app won’t even start. I don’t understand why the App Store is selling this. I want my money back.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.