Fitocracy - Personal Trainer and Daily Workout Tracker for Strength, Cardio, and Ab Exercises
By Fitocracy, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* An App of the Year by Men's Journal *
* Mashable's Top Innovation in Health & Fitness Winner *
Fitocracy motivates you and helps you succeed at fitness and level up in real life. We make exercise fun! Track your workouts, earn points, unlock achievements, beat quests, and slay the laziness dragon. Join the best fitness community on the planet and become the person you were meant to be.
"This app is magical, revolutionary, and most importantly, life changing. Get it."
"Convinced that the new Fitocracy app has set a new high bar for iOS visual design. There's nothing else like it, just perfect."
"I used Fitocracy to track my fitness progress as I prepared for Miss America, and Fitocrats were a big part of my success. Being a part of such a supportive, encouraging online community made getting and staying in shape fun for me." - Miss America 2013
"It's like Facebook but it will make you a better person: harder, faster, stronger."
"After a little over two months of using Fitocracy I gained 15 pounds of muscle mass. I've never been called cut before in my life until a few weeks ago. The app makes it all the more amazing."
"I promise you, no other service will motivate you to stay in shape more than this one will. It's easily the best fitness tracker in the App Store."
"Fitocracy is a genius idea. It takes the addictive leveling system of games such as Pokemon or Call of Duty and combines it with your workout. You start at Level 1, and each workout you do, depending on its difficulty, rewards you with points that eventually cause you to level up. It's motivation enough to watch how many points each workout will give you, then to try to top the points you earn each time you workout."
* Featured in CNN, TechCrunch, Lifehacker, Kotaku, The NY Observer, Apple App Store, Men's Journal, Mashable *
• Incredible speed: arrange and track your workout with minimal effort.
• Powerfully flexible: rearrange workouts, add supersets and circuits, save routines, and more
• Free workout routines: get awesome workouts from the best fitness coaches, whether you're at home or at the gym
• Embark on an epic adventure: Unlock achievements to visualize your progress. Beat quests to push yourself and take on new challenges.
• Be inspired: Follow other Fitocrats to get daily inspiration and join in on conversations.
• Ultra motivation: Join an amazing community of supportive Fitocrats who will keep you motivated on your journey. If competition's your thing, there's plenty of that too.
• Import/Export: Syncs with RunKeeper, export history to images and files.
GET MORE AT WWW.FITOCRACY.COM
• Get support and motivation from our amazing community of Fitocrats just like you
• Your workouts are always synced between the web and the iPhone app
• Automatically post your progress to Twitter and Facebook (optional)
• Browse other users' profiles and find out what works for people just like you
"It’s about time someone created a RPG for fitness" - TechCrunch
"...the best example yet of a digital domain applying the basics of games to getting in shape." - The Globe And Mail
"...provided me with a motivational breakthrough." - Kotaku
GETTING STARTED GUIDES
Need any help getting started with Fitocracy? Check out these short and sweet walkthrough videos! http://ftcy.co/188T3BJ
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- Updates to the exercise database happen automatically
- You can now view your Team Fitness feed in the Feed switcher
- Need to hire a trainer? Team Fitness coaches are easy to access from the slide out menu in the top left
- A new tabbed design for Premade Workouts makes it easier to find the workout you're looking for
- Premade Workouts now include additional information on the exercises included: muscles targeted, required equipment.
- Bug fixes for iOS 6
Awesome Mobile Fitness Solution for the IT-Minded Crowd
Already a fan of the actual site and community, though not of the mobile site, I was thrilled to hear of the introduction of the iDevice application.
Pros: Makes the logging of workouts to Fitocracy light, easy and most importantly of all, mobile. Good for those who use the site but aren't always at their desktops or use a computer where IE is the only option. Fast searching of the various exercises are but a touch away. Allows full use of the forum/thread features of the site as well.
Cons: It used to be iPad support, but fortunately, same has been fixed.
Overall: A must have for anyone who uses Fitocracy and would like to be able to log their workouts on the go using their iDevices.
No Growth or Innovation
The Fitocracy user community rocks, giving people praise and support and tips. But the app isn't all that innovative. Nothing new has been added for a long time, and it looks like the software developers are now stagnant. The GUI needs a lot of work, taking up too much real estate to display too little. The quests are lame. Rather than providing a huge stagnant list of quests, the app should *recommend* quests based on the types of activities you've logged. The feed is too linear, and is almost as useless as Twitter's feed. Too many random posts that could be filtered out. As for tracking exercises, many exercises still need to be added to the drop down list. And many exercises now lack a demo. C'mon guys! Your users are working harder than your developers!
My go to fitness app
I've been using Fitocracy for a couple of years now. It's no exaggeration to say it has totally and dramatically changed my fitness level for the better and on a long term basis. Many fitness apps I have tried barely motivated me and when they did it was for a short term basis. Fito is fully integrated into my fitness routine and it keeps me going, pushing harder, maintaining consistency, and trying new ways to stay fit.
Basically Fito kills the boredom factor.
I use it for all my workouts. It's a great social network that actually has real benefits.
Great motivation tool.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 19, 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fitocracy Inc.
- © 2013 Fitocracy, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 month of Hero$4.99
- 12 months of Hero$44.99