Fitocracy - Workout Exercise Log and personal fitness coach for weight loss
By Fitocracy, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Work with expert trainers who will help you reach your fitness goals
• Easily track any workout you can imagine. Use any of our free workouts or make up your own.
• Stay motivated by joining the awesome Fitocracy community and meeting other fitness-minded folks
Fitocracy motivates you and helps you succeed at fitness and level up in real life. We make exercise fun! Track your workouts, earn points, unlock achievements, beat quests, and slay the laziness dragon. Join the best fitness community on the planet and become the person you were meant to be.
* An App of the Year by Men's Journal *
* Mashable's Top Innovation in Health & Fitness Winner *
"This app is magical, revolutionary, and most importantly, life changing. Get it."
"Convinced that the new Fitocracy app has set a new high bar for iOS visual design. There's nothing else like it, just perfect."
"I used Fitocracy to track my fitness progress as I prepared for Miss America, and Fitocrats were a big part of my success. Being a part of such a supportive, encouraging online community made getting and staying in shape fun for me." - Miss America 2013
"It's like Facebook but it will make you a better person: harder, faster, stronger."
"After a little over two months of using Fitocracy I gained 15 pounds of muscle mass. I've never been called cut before in my life until a few weeks ago. The app makes it all the more amazing."
"I promise you, no other service will motivate you to stay in shape more than this one will. It's easily the best fitness tracker in the App Store."
"Fitocracy is a genius idea. It takes the addictive leveling system of games such as Pokemon or Call of Duty and combines it with your workout. You start at Level 1, and each workout you do, depending on its difficulty, rewards you with points that eventually cause you to level up. It's motivation enough to watch how many points each workout will give you, then to try to top the points you earn each time you workout."
* Featured in CNN, TechCrunch, Lifehacker, Kotaku, The NY Observer, Apple App Store, Men's Journal, Mashable *
• Incredible speed: arrange and track your workout with minimal effort.
• Powerfully flexible: rearrange workouts, add supersets and circuits, save routines, and more
• Free workout routines: get awesome workouts from the best fitness coaches, whether you're at home or at the gym
• Join fitness teams led by expert trainers who provide personalized workout and nutrition programs
• Embark on an epic adventure: Unlock achievements to visualize your progress. Beat quests to push yourself and take on new challenges.
• Be inspired: Follow other Fitocrats to get daily inspiration and join in on conversations.
• Ultra motivation: Join an amazing community of supportive Fitocrats who will keep you motivated on your journey. If competition's your thing, there's plenty of that too.
• Import/Export: Syncs with RunKeeper, export history to images and files.
GET MORE AT WWW.FITOCRACY.COM
• Get support and motivation from our amazing community of Fitocrats just like you
• Your workouts are always synced between the web and the iPhone app
• Automatically post your progress to Twitter and Facebook (optional)
• Browse other users' profiles and find out what works for people just like you
"It’s about time someone created a RPG for fitness" - TechCrunch
"...the best example yet of a digital domain applying the basics of games to getting in shape." - The Globe And Mail
"...provided me with a motivational breakthrough." - Kotaku
GETTING STARTED GUIDES
Need any help getting started with Fitocracy? Check out this short and sweet walkthrough video! http://ftcy.co/188T3BJ
Want to see more? http://ftcy.co/1u2V51G
What's New in Version 3.5
We've updated Fitocracy to be compatible with iOS 9, along with a few other bug fixes to make things run smoother :)
<3 Team Fito
Great app, but crashes every once in a while and it's not always user friendly.
Fun website overall. However, there are some big issues. Certain aspects of setting up your profile (like changing your picture) can only be done on the website. Also, for a workout tracker that wants you to be social, so many groups have very little active users and finding groups is horrible (which probably contributes to the lack of active groups). I love the fact the app "gamifies" exercise. However, points are definitely skewed to heavy lifting, and specifically the squat and deadlift. Any heavy "bro" exercise (bench press, barbell curl, etc) will get you almost no points, whereas even very light squats will get you way more points than comparably difficult bench presses.
If you want a straight workout tracker, you can probably do better. If you want a social tracker, this is probably the best on the market. The people are great and supportive, but the app is flawed. Me? I'll probably continue to use it because I have so much of my history on there. But who knows?
Preferred the old format, but still a great app!
I use fitocracy any time I work out! It's one of the few workout trackers that keeps progress comprehensively, lets you compete against yourself and others, and has absolutely nothing to do with weight or calories if you prefer it that way.
The old format for home pages, interaction, and your scores made far more sense and was easier to use, but the update did improve the workout format significantly. I've used fitocracy for years with lifting and now yoga, and my only negative thought is that weightlifting exercises are far more heavily weighted in the points system, so those who do mostly cardio or yoga will find very small point values.
Still a great app, and I recommend it to anyone interested in tracking their fitness in a fun and somewhat interactive format.
Motivation to work out
As silly as it seems, getting points and props for working out does seem to get me motivated. I like the cute workout guy that pops up that "calculates points." However, there seem to be some bugs in the app and it can be somewhat confusing to navigate at times. For instance, I used to not be able to delete an incorrectly entered exercise...I think they fixed that. Also, when I searched for yoga under the exercises, I could only find specific types and not "general yoga," which I was later able to find by scrolling through the options. It seems inconsistent at times, but it's still worth it as an app that helps you keep track of your fitness.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fitocracy Inc.
- © 2015 Fitocracy, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 month of Hero$4.99
- 12 months of Hero$44.99