FitPlot print & prepress for PDF and images
By Paolo Marcuccetti
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FitPlot is a simple to use, yet powerful, Mac app for layout and prepress which makes easier the daily work with printers and plotters.
What FitPlot can do?
FitPlot extends the capabilities of your printer devices.
In FitPlot you can place, resize, rotate, duplicate, and much more, images and documents of all graphic types (tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf, eps).
This is done quickly and accurately, right on the virtual paper on which you are going to print.
You can place images of the types listed above, also you can drop images or use the copy / paste directly into the FitPlot page (for example drag and drop from a browser or copy and paste elements from a graphic application).
Why to use FitPlot?
Because it is an application that is fast, practical and precise at the same time.
You can get immediately results achievable only with more expensive programs, and, unlike these, in a much more straight and intuitive way.
In addition FitPlot provides a set of specialized tools for every need:
• Quick and precise layout: of existing images / PDF or dragged / pasted images (from a browser or another graphic app), exact positioning, duplication, rotation, enlargements and reductions, aligning, batch operations and more…
• Packing / nesting of the images: you can fill images in the available space (in a sheet of given width and variable-length [roll] or in one or more sheets of fixed size).
• Merging of PDF elements: taking advantage of the transparency to white, characteristic of the PDF, you can merge, for example, a sheet of letterhead paper (PDF) with the raw text of a letter and export the resulting image in a new PDF to be sent for e-mail.
• Imposition: given a multipage PDF, you can arrange the pages on the canvas so that, after print, folding and trimming, you get a brochure fully paginated.
• Business Cards Imposition: you can easily impose a large number of business cards (or similar jobs) in a prepress layout, automatically composing front / back for you.
• One-click resize of images to standard sizes.
• Create posters of any size composing the pieces printed on single sheets, taking care of print margins and overlaps.
• Resizing scale drawings: you can translate a drawing scale into another easily. You can even determine the drawing scale just knowing one real dimension in the drawing.
• Last minute image retouch: raster images in a FitPlot document can be adjusted directly. You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, tinte and color space.
• Print log: FitPlot keeps a chronology (log) of print jobs it has performed. Each print is a (record) that keeps all is needed to quantify the job: page size, copies, date, inserted files, sheet coverage area.
• Lessons / examples showing the program usage are published on a dedicated YouTube channel:
What's New in Version 5.8.0
• Export as TIF 16bit@300dpi…
This menu command exports the current FitPlot document page in a tiff file. The saved file will have a depth of 16 bit at 300 dpi and will have the color profile chosen in the export dialog.
This feature has been temporarily introduced to meet expectations of professional users that prefer to manage the color flow control with other softwares, but want to maintain the power and flexibility that FitPlot gives while composing the layout.
We are working for a better implementation in next coming releases.
• Import from Connected Devices…
• Import from Scanner…
These menu commands allows to import images in FitPlot directly from connected devices as scanners, cameras, smartphones, tablets, smart cards.
Acquired images are directly inserted on the FitPlot sheet and the relative files are saved on the disk.
• Items List Panel improved
The images's list is now more clear. It's now possible to move images along the level stack (bring up/down) just with a click / drag / release of a row.
Has been added a contextual menu for the most common operations and a new feature has been added: Revert Stack Order, see the next item.
• Revert Stack Order
This menu command reverse the stack order of the images inserted in the document. This can be useful to obtain that images (sharing the same size) are correctly ordered after the packing command.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jul 06, 2016
- Version: 5.8.0
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Paolo Marcuccetti
- © 2006 - 2016 Paolo Marcuccetti
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor