Founded in 1816, the Fitzwilliam is the principal art and archaeology museum of the University of Cambridge, UK. It houses over half a million works of art, spanning a vast cultural landscape from the ancient world to the 21st century. With the aim to inspire, educate and entertain, the Museum is committed to widening both physical and digital access to its collections.
This app is the official digital guide to a selection of exhibits in the Fitzwilliam Museum. It offers audio commentaries, high quality images and descriptive text, and is intended as a guide that can be brought to the Museum or enjoyed at home. Over 70 items are represented, ranging from Egyptian coffins to Renaissance sculpture; rare coins to Asian arts; Greek pottery to Impressionist masterpieces. The guide is arranged in a number of tours, including highlights of the collection, as well as floorplans of the galleries and special guided tours of temporary exhibitions when available.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
- 14 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.