“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
UPDATES & FIXES
• You can now share the Five Minute Journal app with friends from the settings screen
• General bugfixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Works well for me
I’m not really a journaler. I have many apps that I’ve tried over the years, and while they are very robust, I’ve always been the weak link. I just don’t keep up with the journals.
This app narrows the focus to specific questions, and you can further reduce the scope in the settings to just morning or eve, and limit the questions at those times. I’m currently only answering the daily gratitude question (and only requiring myself to answer 1), and that’s really helped. I plan to add in more questions after I have some consistency and practice, but it’s been several weeks of daily entries, so we are headed the right direction. The interface is great and conducive to using the app-visually pleasing and simple. Works well for me.
Perfect; well almost!
The app is incredible and very easy to use. I needed something like this to get me to journal without feeling like it's a chore. And who likes to carry around a journal and try to keep it private? With this app its always with me and I can set a password to open it. I can take a pic which is incorporated into my journal entry and then prompts steer me to completion in less than 5 mins. The almost perfect...At this time I don't think the journal will switch/flip to landscape view when you turn your IPAD---so when I use my bluetooth keyboard which mounts my IPAD in landscape---the app will open but remain in a locked position which forces me to remove my IPAD and turn it so the home button is at the bottom.
A Journal for Every Day
I have repeatedly tried to keep a brief journal of positive affirmations of my day - both on paper and on my phone. I always have great intentions that seem to pass away after a few weeks. However, this app has solved that issue for me. It asks me a few specific questions every day that have really made me think about what is positive in my life, with the goal of continual improvement. Some days I write a lot, some days not so much, but I have stayed with it. After all, my phone is always with me and the app is easy to use. I've also started keeping the daily photo, which is a great feature.
- Intelligent Change Inc.
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2016 Intelligent Change Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.