Five Minute Journal
By Intelligent Change Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements behind the scenes
A Journal for Every Day
I have repeatedly tried to keep a brief journal of positive affirmations of my day - both on paper and on my phone. I always have great intentions that seem to pass away after a few weeks. However, this app has solved that issue for me. It asks me a few specific questions every day that have really made me think about what is positive in my life, with the goal of continual improvement. Some days I write a lot, some days not so much, but I have stayed with it. After all, my phone is always with me and the app is easy to use. I've also started keeping the daily photo, which is a great feature.
It's useful and fun
I'd like to point out one major bug: that you could be typing a whole novel, but then if you accidentally hit the back button, or if it times out for some reason, it doesn't auto save. So it's all gone. PRETTY frustrating as this has happened more than once. Actually like all the time.
Other than that, I like the concept, but I don't like the rigidity. You have certain topics to write about, when I'd just rather write what I'd like. The quotes are nice.
I'm grateful for the 5 min journal
Quick and easy way to gain perspective each day.
I love the fill in the blank format.
I feel happier and more productive each day because of this app.
It's one of the few apps that delivers on its promises.