Five Minute Journal
By Intelligent Change Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
• Small bug with passcode keyboard is now fixed
• Other minor bug fixes and improvements behind the scenes
I LOVE THIS APP SO MUCH!
I love journaling. I have many journals crowding my bookcase. I've used them over the years to capture prayers, thoughts, & scriptures. I also blog and I'm grateful for the memories I've been able to record through many different life events.
What makes this app different? It combines and captures the essence of both a blog AND journal in a concise clear format.
My journals and blog are full, but I fill them sporadically. This app is so simple it's easy to be consistent. In many ways this app is a more powerful tool to measure your life. It encourages you to be intentional. The hardest part for me is picking just ONE picture. 😊
Perfect Journaling App!
After using this app for about a month, I'm hooked! I've tried journaling in the past and have never made it past a week. Having the journal on my phone is so convenient. Also, the email tips have been really helpful to get more out of each day's Journaling. I have an evening reminder set and found that reflecting on the day is the perfect way to wrap up a day to celebrate the areas in which I accomplished my goals and to also bring to light areas I where I could make some improvements. I recommend it constantly to friends and family!
Quite good so far
I like all the features, I occasionally put in a photo. The annoying thing on the photo is the part that show is the bottom of the photo so typically you don't see people's heads, you can click on it and see the whole photo but I would rather just have an icon that doesn't take up room compared to someone's shoes.
I also totally get that we are supposed to be thinking positive thoughts, but a spot for opportunities or even if the "what could you have done"were worded differently?
All in all way more likely to use this than paper, is it making a mental health difference? The jury is still out.