By Dan Leehr L.L.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Original audiophile-quality music player designed for lossless, gapless playback of FLAC albums and live recordings on iOS.
Redesigned and Re-engineered, optimized for iOS 8
FLAC Player can download from SFTP Servers - including any Mac with Remote Login, NAS devices, or other systems running SSH. Transfer your music wirelessly and start listening to one track while the rest download.
Loading music over USB is fast and organization is automatic. Files are grouped into collections based on FLAC tags, or file names (if tags are not present). Quickly add music, artwork, and track lists using iTunes USB File Sharing.
- Lossless, gapless FLAC playback engineered for iOS
- Decodes FLAC files at full quality/resolution including 24-bit/96kHz, with onboard playback up to 16-bit/48kHz.
- 24-bit/96kHz and higher playback with USB DAC and Camera Connection Kit (Now supports iPhone, see website)
- 10-Band Equalizer, 21 built-in presets or create your own
- View FLAC Metadata, Stream Info, and Audio Hardware info
- Secure SSH/SFTP connections with private key authentication
- Create, edit, and listen to playlists of FLAC music
- Browse/Play by Album and Artist
- Play/Shuffle your entire collection
- ReplayGain support
- Bookmark any song and jump back later
- Background playback and SFTP Downloads
- Compatible with remote controls (headset or external control)
- Supports bluetooth headphones and audio devices (not recommended for quality)
- Supports AirPlay audio output including Apple TV 2/3 and AirPort Express
- Album art viewer (jpeg, png, tiff, bmp, gif)
- Text/Info file viewer (txt, pdf, html, doc, rtf)
- View info files on SFTP servers prior to downloading
- Sort FLAC files by track number, file name, date modified, or manually
- Optimized for low power-usage
What's New in Version 2.1.0
Optimized for iOS 8, 64-bit, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Many fixes and performance improvements
I've been using this app for about 2 weeks on my iPhone 6 plus; and I must say, it works like a charm! For me, this app has rarely given me problems. It has only crashed a handful of times; compared to how much I've used it though, that's a miracle. I do have a couple of gripes. Please add a search function and a song list. This app only has albums, collections, artists, and playlists. I wish it would have a collection of all of my songs too! It would make playing songs continuously much easier. Also, please improve the playlist function. Right now, it is very inconvenient to add or subtract songs from playlists. Overall, it's a great app for flac music. If you have a large library like me, you'll definitely need this app. Also, the sound quality is superb. One last request-I know the name doesn't suggest this-but can you guys please allow it to play other files like wav, alac, etc. Thanks for this awesome app!
ios 8 version
I have been using the latest version, as of Jan. 2015, on my iPhone 6 and it has worked well for me. The sound quality is noticeably better than on the other flac player apps I've tried and the gapless playback is essential. A second long pause between tracks on a Pink Floyd album is unacceptable.
I haven't figured out album art or the wireless transfer of music files to my phone so that is why only 4 stars.
Does Lock Up II
It does lock up & needs to be deleted, installed again etc. ANNOYING being this is my third review about it.
Until Dan can fix this bug which has been around for a year I wouldn't buy it until then.
Dan I have told you about this before & until this version nothing has been fixed.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2014
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dan Leehr L.L.C.
- © 2010-2014 Dan Leehr L.L.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.