Never forget to raise the American flag at full or half staff using the "Flag Day” Application!
Receive alerts to remind you to raise the flag for all American National Flag Days. Alerts are sent a day before and on the morning you should raise the flag.
Note: This app does not cover state flag days.
Use the flag day calendar to quickly glance over all the coming flag days.
The application is constantly maintained up to date. New flag days declared by the US President are added to our server and synchronized with the application when you start it.
Flying the American flag per the flag code is important and a patriotic thing to do. To help you fly the US flag the proper way, the application references the flag code as well as a detailed step by step process on how to correctly fold the flag.
The Flag Day application was built by our company Bonsaisoft which is based in California, USA.
Full application features:
- Display flag status for current day
- Calendar with all coming flag days. Full staff days are in blue. Half staff days are in green.
- Short explanation on why a particular day was declared as being a flag day.
- App notifications when a flag day is coming. Notifications are sent a day before and in the morning of the flag day.
- Notifications can be turned on or off in the settings page. User can also decide to receive notifications for half staff days only, full staff days only or both.
- Instructions on how to properly handle the flag based on the flag code
- Instructions on how to fold the flag with step by step graphics and visual animation.
- Instructions on how to salute the flag
- Pledge of Allegiance's text
Fixed layout issues on iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, accurate and important
I held off buying a flag and pole until I knew I would be able to handle it respectfully. This app provides information on half-staff days, along with important etiquette for handling the flag.
It seems like a fair price for a concerned, American flag owner to get a handy update on their phone when it would be difficult to change the flag position during working hours.
If you're the owner of a flag and you display it outside, I would suggest this simple, nicely-designed app to aid in handling the flag correctly at all times.
One of my best Apps ever
I had my first flag pole for my home 15 years ago. I discovered this app 6 years ago and I can truly say that it has been so helpful to insure the proper decorum of honoring the display of our country’s flag.
We moved to a condo 3 years ago and I was honored to fly our community flag as required. I do so proudly with the aid of this app’s timely notifications for lowering & raising our flag with information on the occasion for displaying at half staff.
A proud Vietnam combat veteran
If you fly the flag this app is a god send! When the status changes you get an alert to change the position. That way you do not wonder why the the flag is at half staff!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.